What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic 2001 - Honda Civic Central Locking fails to lock - vinodh

My Honda Civic central lock suddenly stopped working when i am using the remote key

1. Remote key lock/unloc fails

2. Try to lock/unlock the central locking by inserting the key in main door fails. Only the main door lock and unlock.

3. Try to lock and unlock the central system by inserting the key in ignition switch (no need to start the engine), Central system works fine.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Honda Civic 2001 - Honda Civic Central Locking fails to lock - elekie&a/c doctor
Start by checking for any blown fuses.
Honda Civic 2001 - Honda Civic Central Locking fails to lock - Falkirk Bairn

Disconnect battery for 5 mins & see if the electronics rights itself.

Equivalent of a big red button job (of yesteryear) when the computer hangs

Honda Civic 2001 - Honda Civic Central Locking fails to lock - madf

Before doing anything , change batteries in keyfob...

Thanks for your reply.

I do not believe its related to keyfob battery. because i tried to lock and unlock the central system by using key in main door.

Thanks for your reply.

I will try to disconnect the battery after reaching home today and will update the result here.

Thanks,

I tried both the below options and still this issue has not fixed.

1. Changed Fob battery. 2. Disconnected car battery and connected again.

Just studying from google how to check the fuse for central locking.

Is there is any easy way to check which Fuse is blown?

As per the circuit diagram from manual, found the central locking fuse.. and confirmed its blown. Got the new fuse and when i replace with new. it again breaking the circuit. so the main problem is somewhere else in the system. I left with less options now.

Any other suggestions most welcome..

Honda Civic 2001 - Honda Civic Central Locking fails to lock - elekie&a/c doctor

Very likely to be other consumers on this fuse apart from the cd locking. Possible interior roof light,boot light ,power socket ,radio??

Yesterday by following the YouTube videos i opened the driver door side covers and noticed that the wire which goes to motor got the burns. So I recalled a week ago when i was closing the door it was very hard and i think the motor was loaded heavily. Temporarily disconnected that wire and after replacing the new fuse, the central locking started working. I am really excited and happy that i identified the issue, but I have to go to garage to fix the side door motor issue.

Thanks to all for your advice.