What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mercedes-Benz B-Class - Looking to buy a Merc B Class - Kingdom

Hi All

Looking for some advice, buyers guide, things to look out for etc.

We are viewing on friday 2 x Merc B Class

Both Sport Trim, one with the B200 and one B180. Former comes with Sat Nav also.

Does anyone have any experience of what to look out for/check and also any negative/positives for the car?

Help is always greatly appreciated

D

Mercedes-Benz B-Class - Looking to buy a Merc B Class - SLO76
What's your budget £5,000 or £25,000?

Are they petrol or diesel?

What sort of weekly usage will they see?

And who is selling them, approved used at a main dealer or otherwise?

Post links to the adverts, they can tell us plenty
Mercedes-Benz B-Class - Looking to buy a Merc B Class - sandy56

Suggest you consult HJ reviews that are available on this website.

Mercedes-Benz B-Class - Looking to buy a Merc B Class - Avant

I hope for your sake that they're petrol!

I had a B200CDI ten years ago and hated it. It was reliable but it was sluggish and made a droning noise just like a London taxi, only louder. The autobox (CVT) didn't help. It was comfortable and roomy, and if I'd had a B200 petrol I might have liked it more.

Mercedes-Benz B-Class - Looking to buy a Merc B Class - daveyjp

OP doesn't give detail on which model they are considering - W245 (1st Gen) or W246 latest generation.

I had a W245 B160 petrol and it was almost faultless for 50,000 miles - by the time I traded it the aircon had developed a fault. My wife's A class of similar age also developed the same fault.

I looked at the W246 as a replacement, but no option for a spare, electric handbrake and that truly terrible 'stuck on the dash' infotainment screen meant I never actually drove one.