What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2003 CRV - Honda dual pump 4x4 system - mss1tw

Does anyone know how long this system should take to activate the rear wheels?

I'm aware of how it works and it's not a 'proper' 4WD system.

The front still feels a little 'scrabbly' under hard acceleration and I was hoping the system would counteract this (It's taken over from my Berlingo and is therefore loaded in the bacl with tools and materials)

2003 CRV - Honda dual pump 4x4 system - RT

It's all down to the electronics - the Hyundai Santa Fe used the same 4wd system as the Porsche Carrera 4 (yes, really!) but their electronics are very different - there's a slight noticeable delay on the Santa Fe when the fronts scrabble and then grip as torque is transferred to the rear - no such delay on the Porsche.

2003 CRV - Honda dual pump 4x4 system - mss1tw

It's all down to the electronics - the Hyundai Santa Fe used the same 4wd system as the Porsche Carrera 4 (yes, really!) but their electronics are very different - there's a slight noticeable delay on the Santa Fe when the fronts scrabble and then grip as torque is transferred to the rear - no such delay on the Porsche.

Sorry I missed out the year - it's a 2003, AFAIK it is all mechnical. I don't believe it even has traction control. There's no ESP OFF button and no warning lights when the wheels lose traction.

Edited by mss1tw on 29/11/2016 at 17:39