Seat Toledo MK4 1.6 TDI - Changing Fuel Filter on Seat Toledo TDI - first ti - Lamberzzz

Hi all,

First time posting!

I was hoping someone could help me with changing my fuel filter. I have done it before with my old 05 Golf but ive never seen this filter type before..

picclick.co.uk/Crosland-Fuel-Filter-282188815170.h...l

This is the only link I can really find and theres no tutorials or help in the owners manual.. theres no way to remove the lid or fill it up.. with just and in and an out I can only imagine getting an airlock..

Anyone seen one of the before? it is exactly the same as the one I have so it is the right one..

Thanks again!

Edited by Lamberzzz on 13/11/2016 at 17:44

Seat Toledo MK4 1.6 TDI - Changing Fuel Filter on Seat Toledo TDI - first ti - elekie&a/c doctor

How old is your car?Don't think they made a mk4 1.6 tdi?

Seat Toledo MK4 1.6 TDI - Changing Fuel Filter on Seat Toledo TDI - first ti - Lamberzzz

Hi, Its a 62 plate SE

Seat Toledo MK4 1.6 TDI - Changing Fuel Filter on Seat Toledo TDI - first ti - elekie&a/c doctor

There is no need to fill these filters as there is an electric fuel primer pump in the tank and the system will self bleed after a few cycles of the ignition system.However,i would strongly recommend you use a quality make filter.Bosch,Mann ,Mahle or try and stick with a genuine VW part as this engine is notorious for injector problems.

Seat Toledo MK4 1.6 TDI - Changing Fuel Filter on Seat Toledo TDI - first ti - Luckvear
Hi, could someone please help and advise me: I have recently bought a golf diesel - bluemotion model on 09 plate. The mileage is around -115k. I bought the car just under a week ago, privately so no return policy !

I drove the car 40 miles on route back - I started the car the other day and I heard like a missing sound after a few minutes and then the engine turned off. I restarted the engine and a few seconds later it switched off. Third time the car wouldn't start. So I left it. The next day I checking the water and oil, which was fine. The car started but the same problem accurd.

To me it sounds the car is being starved fuel - but wanted to see if someone has had the same issue ?

Luckvear
Seat Toledo MK4 1.6 TDI - Changing Fuel Filter on Seat Toledo TDI - first ti - Steveieb
Similar thing happened to a relative when he sold a car recently which overheated when the new owner drove it home. The full cost was returned together with the cost of the return rail ticket. So speak to the seller as soon as you can. You may be pleasantly surprised.