What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
- CanAmSteve
Oh you Brits - that's a "frost" scraper - a mere toy. Slightly better than your M&S card, but not by much
- groaver
[In all fairness, a little bit of forward planning renders any ice scraper pointless – sitting in the car for five minutes with the engine running will usually clear ice.]

Yes but it's also illegal:

The Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002
Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (Scotland) Regulations 2003
Review: Iceplane ice scraper - mmmmm
[In all fairness, a little bit of forward planning renders any ice scraper pointless – sitting in the car for five minutes with the engine running will usually clear ice.] Yes but it's also illegal: The Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002 Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (Scotland) Regulations 2003

Pay close attention to this person, who it seems refuses to live in the real world. Tell us all...what laws prohibit leaving sausages in the pan, unattended for two minutes, not yet fully cooked?.

Review: Iceplane ice scraper - groaver
[In all fairness, a little bit of forward planning renders any ice scraper pointless – sitting in the car for five minutes with the engine running will usually clear ice.] Yes but it's also illegal: The Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002 Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (Scotland) Regulations 2003

Pay close attention to this person, who it seems refuses to live in the real world. Tell us all...what laws prohibit leaving sausages in the pan, unattended for two minutes, not yet fully cooked?.

Thank you for the "whataboutery".

I live in the real world where I've saw a person fined for engine idling.

If you think it's unfair, write to your MP/MSP.

Review: Iceplane ice scraper - bernardric

Not as black and white as implied. If spoken to stop doing it - simple.

"Vehicle idling is an offence against the Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002. The law states that is an offence to idle your engine unnecessarily when stationary. If you fail to turn your engine off after being spoken to you may be issued with a fixed penalty notice of £20".

Review: Iceplane ice scraper - IrishNeil
Oh you Brits - that's a "frost" scraper - a mere toy. Slightly better than your M&S card, but not by much

Warm tepid water in a plastic mixing bowl, liberally applied from a small vessel like a priest blessing the congregation, with a quick whish of wipers to splish the splash away

......ooooh, hot water, I hear a voice say = 'cracked windscreen?'....better to know that at home, than to find out doing 70 mph on the M1.

Tepid is fine!

- jchinuk
A heated windscreen is by far the best option, and while it was a Ford only option (Quickclear) it's becoming more common with other brands.

Press the button and even heavy snow and ice is gone in a couple of minutes.
- bernardric
By now I should be able to give my own review but unfortunately despite the money having been taken from my account no IcePlane thingy appeared :-(