Vauxhall corsa comfort 1.4 automatic - car not starting when hot - Bird man
When my car is cold it starts no problem, but when I turn the car off and try to restart it when it's hot it will not start, there are no codes found, Eml not coming on. Changed crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, knock sensor, lambda sensor, engine coolant sensor, fuel pump relay, spark plugs, you name it. Can anyone think of anything else?
Vauxhall corsa comfort 1.4 automatic - car not starting when hot - elekie&a/c doctor
Great shopping list of unnecessary parts that haven't fixed this.Has anyone actually checked why it doesn't start?Any proper testing carried out?
Yeah, took it to Vauxhall garage, they actually put new crankshaft sensor on, but did not fix it, then they said they would hav to trace back all the wires back to find problem at £90 an he they said it would take 3hrs which is worth more than car probably! I was jus wondering if there was anything else I could try?
Vauxhall corsa comfort 1.4 automatic - car not starting when hot - elekie&a/c doctor
Try to find a recommended diagnostic Indy that can take a more methodical approach to your problem.As the problem occurs when engine hot,it could be an engine ecu fault.This is bolted to the engine and can fail under excess heat operation.Not easily swapped out,as it is security coded to other components on the car.
Sorry forgot to mention that new Ecu has been coded and fitted.
Vauxhall corsa comfort 1.4 automatic - car not starting when hot - hardway

As the "Docs" already stated you need to find a for want of a better word a real mechanic.

NOT someone with a scanner.

You need to establish some basics like is it sparking? and do the injectors have a pulse?

What's the pulse width?

Questions of that sort.

STOP throwing parts at it,

little chance of the right part hitting and fixing the fault.

Back when there were not fault code readers you checked it had a spark/compression,

checked there was fuel/pressure and so on.

these old school checks though they've been largely forgotten still stand,

and work.

Best advice is find say an older guy who knows his stuff or find your local Bosch technician.

They seem to be better trained/equipped.

Vauxhall corsa comfort 1.4 automatic - car not starting when hot - Wackyracer

OP your description is a bit vague. When you say it doesn't start when warm, do you mean nothing happens or does the engine turn over but, doesn't start?

Yeah your right hardway, I can't carry on trying to fix problem myself, I'm forever scratching my head at mo.

Wacky answer to your question is it turns over but does not start and fire up.

It's just annoying cos I think it's something small but who knows