What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Volvo V70 - collision update - barney100

15th June, hit by national company's van. They admit liability through insurers. A.A take care of everything, smashed front has done in power steering, grill, bonnet etc. they get me home then bodyshop collects car and given huge Merc S class as a courtesy car. Write off they delare a fortnight later but my insurance company takes over ...not a write off, keep Merc 'til you get car back. Middle of August, car comes back on transporter. Front end fixed but whats all the damage on the rear wheel arch and panel? Car goes back. They say car was filthy when the inspector checked the car so the damage must have been there already...I produce photos of car immediately after the incident showing the car perfectly clean if somewhat crumpled. 'Benefit of doubt' awarded to me so they accept someone of theirs has scraped it. Go on holiday and return hire car. Back from holiday. Call from insurers, inspector has found more damage to door frames etc. Given another courtesy car...brand new XC90. Value of my car about £7.5k ...V70 2008. Estimated cost so far. Repairs to mine...ongoing...£5k. Hire of S class for 2 months around £7k, now XC90 on hire for two days and no end in sight....madness! I'm weary of ringing the insurers and body shop and will need a lot of convincing the repairs have left me a safe vehicle. Ambulance chasers trying to get me to complain of whiplash and any other thing I can think of...no says I that's fraud. Any wonder premiums are sky high with this waste of money?

Volvo V70 - collision update - Wackyracer

That sounds familiar re the damage to previously OK panels after repairs. I had exactly this with the Astra. car came back with a bodge job on the rear end repair and paint damage on the front wing, was obvious that someone had rested the new replacement rear panel against the front wing scratching it.

The rear bumper wasn't even secured properly and when I managed to pull the bottom of the bumper off with the tip of my finger, the delivery driver accused me of breaking it on purpose.

Bodyshop denied all damage and when I demanded to see the photos they took of car when they collected it, they looked at photos and said they could see no damage to front wing followed by, our cameras are not very good quality. It never got resprayed but, I'll never let another car of mine go to an "insurance approved" bodyshop because they are just cowboys.

Volvo V70 - collision update - barney100

Now I'm a bit concerned, I don't obviously want a bodge job but fear there may faults I won't spot but if the paint dosen't match I'll spot that and reject the repair..I think you can do that? Car needs MOT now so with all the front end damage there was I just hope the steering, air con, lights etc are ok.