S Class Mercedes - is this madness? - barney100

!5th of June our car was hit by a van. Liability was admitted by the driver and agreed with the insurance companies. They for some reason gave me an S class at £300 and more A DAY! I reckon that has come to over £10k and £5K to fix ours and its worth at most £7,500. (Volvo V70 2008)

S Class Mercedes - is this madness? - Falkirk Bairn

S Class @ £300/day? - send it back ASAP as you may have signed for the car & are liable should the 3rd party fail to pay the car rental.

V70 - a Mondeo estate might be deemed reasonable sized equivalent car

S Class Mercedes - is this madness? - gordonbennet

Was this car supplied by the third party (at fault) insurer?

Just seems to have dragged on a long time, its in their interests to get your car repaired and the loan car back, it seems more likely this is a car from an accident management outfit auggested by your insurer and the job stretched out by various admins as long as possible to up the charges.

Nice as it might have been to have the car, i'd have baulked at such a vehicle in case i ended up with the bill somehow, braver man than me.

AA arranged an accident management company but they were only dealing up to 65% damage and my own insurance company took over after 2 weeks. I have got assurances from them that no bill is coming my way as they have got agreement from the liable drivers insurance that their client is at fault.

S Class Mercedes - is this madness? - Metropolis.

Superb. A friend of mine had a similar experience and had the S class for at least a month. Worst part was going back to the old car once it was fixed!

S Class Mercedes - is this madness? - brum

Someone is going to end up paying a hefty increase in premium. Just a couple of points, "driver admits liability" means nowt. Its up to his insurance company to decide. If this is organised by an accident claim handling company, dont to be too sure of the outcome.

Edited by brum on 11/08/2016 at 20:45

Organised by my insurance co. Checked several times and no charge coming my way.

S Class Mercedes - is this madness? - daveyjp
Its all a scandal and one reason why premiums are so high. The other party should refuse to pay the bill, butbthey won't as they are into the same scam.

A friend's station run car, a £750 Clio, was run into as he sat in it. Only bodywork damage. He was happy to fix it himself and didn't want it writing off.

For 6 weeks he has had an A6 whilst waiting for his car to be released back to him.

Absolute madness.
S Class Mercedes - is this madness? - DirtyDieselDogg

Much as I detest these scams, they are however long overdue, since during our ownership of a Ford Galaxy for some 12 years, we were "stoved in" from behind on 3 occassions.

Clear cut liability.

And despite asking all we got was a Clio equivalent courtsey car.

And zero sympathy from the insurance companies.

I attempted the "like for like" argument, on each occassion to no avail.

Since we had choosen to incur the higher purchase and running costs, not least the insurance on a 7 seater, of the larger car for good reason.

Hence I vowed, on the next occassion, to use an accident managment company, simply to level the playing field.

regards

marcus

S Class Mercedes - is this madness? - gordonbennet

DiL's car was damaged in childs nursery car park, third party insurer were on the phone in minutes, could not be more helpful, CRV equivalent delivered pronto, their car collected, fixed and swapped back about 5 days later, thats how it should be done.