KIA Cee'd - Kia Cee'd 4 Tech Auto - mjk43

Having tried several cars, my wife is thrilled to have found the Kia Cee'd 4 Tech - except she wants an auto. The dealer says that they don't exist in Auto as does the Kia brochure.

But in Septmeber 2015, there was a review in Autocar praising the very thing.

Can someone shed light on this please ?

Many thanks

KIA Cee'd - Kia Cee'd 4 Tech Auto - John Boy

There seem to be plenty of used ones for sale:

www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/l-Used-Kia-ceed-d3509?sour...p

KIA Cee'd - Kia Cee'd 4 Tech Auto - John Boy

Sorry, I don't think I read the question carefully enough.

Having said that, this looks like the one referred to:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/specs/detail/?v=MKIACCEE0211

Edited by John Boy on 08/08/2016 at 21:00

KIA Cee'd - Kia Cee'd 4 Tech Auto - Smileyman

I have a smililar problem - same car, just that I really don't want diesel, I's much prefer a petrol car - one thing missing from Hyundai/Kia is a decent 1.2 petrol engine, like for instance the VW Group or Nissan 1.2 turbo

KIA Cee'd - Kia Cee'd 4 Tech Auto - gordonbennet

I have a smililar problem - same car, just that I really don't want diesel, I's much prefer a petrol car - one thing missing from Hyundai/Kia is a decent 1.2 petrol engine, like for instance the VW Group or Nissan 1.2 turbo

To be honest that tells me they don't trust that type of highly stressed engine to last, do they have a point?

Hyundai have always been a bit conservative with their engines IMO, compared with some other makers engines, they might seem a little down on power for a given cubic capacity, i'm firmly of the belief that they design and map their engines for long life not just headline figures.

Edited by gordonbennet on 08/08/2016 at 23:23

KIA Cee'd - Kia Cee'd 4 Tech Auto - Auristocrat

Hyundai/Kia do have a new 1.0 litre turbo engine which has replaced the 1.4 (manual gearbox) in the i20, and in the Cee'd fits between the 1.4 and 1.6