2015 Skoda Superb Outdoor Plus - To buy or not to buy - alistu
Should I buy a Skoda Superb Outdoor Plus 2015 model which requires modification due to emissions scandal and will its future resale value be affected. Is it better to pay via PCP as I was going to pay cash.
2015 Skoda Superb Outdoor Plus - To buy or not to buy - RobJP

I was reading an article a couple of days ago where they had tested the 'fix' and it did nothing at all to the emissions. So whether or not there will have to be another 'fix' or not is anyone's guess.

As to whether you should buy the car or not ... only you can make that decision. You know the potential for 'issues', and you have to weigh up the pros and cons yourself.

As to PCP / cash buy - HJ will not make any recommendations either way. Because if he does so, he's giving financial advice. For which you have to be registered as a financial adviser with the FSA. Again, it's something only you can decide, knowing in detail your circumstances and funds available.

2015 Skoda Superb Outdoor Plus - To buy or not to buy - Falkirk Bairn

Buying /PCP needs looking at carefully.

Friend went PCP in new BMW 320d xdrive auto. £36K reduced to £30K with offer - £400/mth for 4 yrs - no deposit - In rate was under 4%

I saw a 2nd hand car, a few mths old 2,000 miles, £22K - PCP was £556/mth as the Interest Rate was 15%.

Buying brand new can be cheaper on PCP than buying a nearly new car - Manufacturer discounts, low interest rates etc etc = lower payments

2015 Skoda Superb Outdoor Plus - To buy or not to buy - daveyK_UK

Is this the last of the old shape Superb or first of the new shape?

If its last of the oild shape I wouldnt buy one, to many problems with them before you consider the maintenance costs of owning a diesel.

2015 Skoda Superb Outdoor Plus - To buy or not to buy - slkfanboy

Buying /PCP needs looking at carefully.

Friend went PCP in new BMW 320d xdrive auto. £36K reduced to £30K with offer - £400/mth for 4 yrs - no deposit - In rate was under 4%

I saw a 2nd hand car, a few mths old 2,000 miles, £22K - PCP was £556/mth as the Interest Rate was 15%.

Buying brand new can be cheaper on PCP than buying a nearly new car - Manufacturer discounts, low interest rates etc etc = lower payments

The hole point is that your not buy under PCP. So the cost is hidden. Basically you have no deposit next time. While purchasing a car you get some deposit and get to choose when to replace the car.

There is no payment free period,so it needs careful consideration.

2015 Skoda Superb Outdoor Plus - To buy or not to buy - TheBroker

This is not strictly accurate.

PCP is a route to purchase (Personal Contract Purchase)

A nil deposit is not necessarily a nil deposit, it just means that the customer doesn't pay any deposit, the dealer may be paying into the deposit pool on the customers behalf (by way of discount) as a part of the deal.

As to whether there is a deposit at the other end, this is about residual value. If the vehicle is worth more than the amount outstanding at the end of the lease, the customer can sell the vehicle, pay off the finance and any equity remaining can be either pocketed or applied to a deposit on a new vehicle.

Hope this clarifys things