Mini Cooper S JCW kit,2007,Turbo charge,6 speed,As - valuation - Linda5

• Reluntantly I must part with my Mini Cooper S, JCW kit, 2007, Chilli pack, Astro Black,6 speed, Turbo charge, 22000 genuine miles. Off road SORN, in storage for 2 years, wrapped in blankets,battery disconnected. Unable to ship to my new location. Last time checked only needed computer reset, started 1st time, I appreciate he will require attention, MOT, service etc. Please can anyone give me a realistic valuation, as I have been scared rigid with horror predictions of problems, insulted by valuations and cannot let him go for silly price.

Mini Cooper S JCW kit,2007,Turbo charge,6 speed,As - valuation - RT

About £2,500 as is - but get it back on the road, Mot's, serviced, etc and get up to £4,000.

Mini Cooper S JCW kit,2007,Turbo charge,6 speed,As - valuation - elekie&a/c doctor

I would think more like £6k.There is one on flea-bay for around £7.5k

Mini Cooper S JCW kit,2007,Turbo charge,6 speed,As - valuation - RT

Parkers Valuation gets nowhere near that.

Mini Cooper S JCW kit,2007,Turbo charge,6 speed,As - valuation - RobJP

Unless it's been serviced a few times - and I'm very aware of what the 'official' service interval is, and it might well have only had 1 or 2 oil changes in it's life - then you may struggle to sell it.

Best thing you can do is to get it serviced and MOT'd now, and then put it on Ebay or other such site. Start it at 99p, and see where the auction ends at. That will give you the most realistic price.

I'd not consider a car that has spent so much time not being used at all, and I suspect a lot of people will have the same attitude. That will greatly cut the price you can expect to get.

You might feel that the valuations you have received have been 'insulting', but unless you can show excellent mechanical condition and a good service record, those are going to be as good as it gets.

In the meantime, the car continues to lose value. I would expect it to be worth £3-4k with minimal service record, £6-7k if it's been serviced (properly!) annually, and all recorded and receipts present.

Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where really low mileage acts against the value of the car.

Mini Cooper S JCW kit,2007,Turbo charge,6 speed,As - valuation - brum

A very strange description from OP.

Wrapped in blankets?? Off road in storage for 2 yrs? Last time checked only needed computer reset??? Why?? Needs attention mot service etc???

Unable to ship to my current location?? Is this a scam?

Personally I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. And at 9 years old its one year off what I consider a banger. Only person I know who had a mini said his was a money pit and was glad to see the back of it.

(Edit: I can see nothing in the original post that suggests it's any sort of a scam. This is an unfair comment to a new poster who joined us to ask for advice. I think you should apologise.)

Edited by Avant on 10/05/2016 at 22:40

Mini Cooper S JCW kit,2007,Turbo charge,6 speed,As - valuation - Ian D
If this is a genuine car and not a scam, I would get it serviced and MOT'd and advertise it for top money. Your average buyer is not that clued up about car layups and will be mesmerised by the low mileage, if the missing history is mentioned just say it was off the road for a while in the dry, if it runs ok it will sell easily, not quite as well as a 22k one with a fsh but will sell ok
If this is a genuine car and not a scam, I would get it serviced and MOT'd and advertise it for top money. Your average buyer is not that clued up about car layups and will be mesmerised by the low mileage, if the missing history is mentioned just say it was off the road for a while in the dry, if it runs ok it will sell easily, not quite as well as a 22k one with a fsh but will sell ok

No this is genuine not a scam,breaks my heart to sell him. Country I now live in will not allow imports of vehicles over 5 years old

Thanks for your comments and advice.

A very strange description from OP.

Wrapped in blankets?? Off road in storage for 2 yrs? Last time checked only needed computer reset??? Why?? Needs attention mot service etc???

Unable to ship to my current location?? Is this a scam?

Personally I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. And at 9 years old its one year off what I consider a banger. Only person I know who had a mini said his was a money pit and was glad to see the back of it.

Why bother to waste your time making derogatory assumptions and comments to a genuine message. Far rather you help with positive feedback and keep your twisted views to yourself. It is people like you that give forums a bad name.

Edited by Avant on 10/05/2016 at 22:35

Unless it's been serviced a few times - and I'm very aware of what the 'official' service interval is, and it might well have only had 1 or 2 oil changes in it's life - then you may struggle to sell it.

Best thing you can do is to get it serviced and MOT'd now, and then put it on Ebay or other such site. Start it at 99p, and see where the auction ends at. That will give you the most realistic price.

I'd not consider a car that has spent so much time not being used at all, and I suspect a lot of people will have the same attitude. That will greatly cut the price you can expect to get.

You might feel that the valuations you have received have been 'insulting', but unless you can show excellent mechanical condition and a good service record, those are going to be as good as it gets.

In the meantime, the car continues to lose value. I would expect it to be worth £3-4k with minimal service record, £6-7k if it's been serviced (properly!) annually, and all recorded and receipts present.

Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where really low mileage acts against the value of the car.

Thanks very much for your comments and advice.

Parkers Valuation gets nowhere near that.

Thanks for your comments

Thanks for your comments.

About £2,500 as is - but get it back on the road, Mot's, serviced, etc and get up to £4,000.

Thanks for the advice.