What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mk3 ford mondeo - Car won't move - Greenmotors

Hi all

Mk3 ford mondeo - Car won't move - Ian D
We need a bit more detail if possible ...

Hi all not sure where that message went, new to Ford and this site and am looking for some help. I jacked my car up to change the wheels, may not be relevant drove it out of the garage and parked on an incline. Left the engine running for 5 min while chating came back to car engaged the clutch and car would not move when I let out clutch. The gear stick goes into all gears but it just makes a noise when clutch is released in any gear. Car was fine until I changed the wheels. Any ideas would be most apricated.

Mk3 ford mondeo - Car won't move - madf

Broken clutch pressure plate..

Had the same happen on a Rover 800. Plate broke after starting up in garage...I reversed into garage piior night, started up in morning .. and no drive.

Bet you reversed into the garage - or out...

Hi, thanks for the reply. Ya I reversed out turned the car and drove up on the incline in first. When I went back to it it would not work.

Mk3 ford mondeo - Car won't move - Peter.N.

Only other possibility I can think of is failure of the o/s driveshaft centre bearing, if it breaks up it will allow the shaft to slide out of the diff.

Mk3 ford mondeo - Car won't move - Peter D

You may have popped a drive shaft out. Run the engin, select first and look down to see it one of the drive shafts is rotating. Have another person in the car with the foot on the brakes. Regards Peter

Thank you lads, never taught of that. Will check tomorrow.

Just an update Me and my brother finally move in back into the garage this evening. What we noticed this evening was it selects gears fine with the gear stick but when it is in gear you can push the car as if was in neutral. It is not engaging gears in the box. Could the gear stick have become disconected

Thanks everyone for the advice it was indeed the shaft come out of the CV joint on passenger side. Can this be popes back in as notting was knocking before it happened and there seams to be no damage on spline or bearings.