What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Luxury Ka MK1 2008 - Driver's side door panel stuck ( speaker broken?) - Nemo183

There's no sound coming from the driver's side door speaker. I've check the balance control, removed the three large screws at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, but I'm stuck with what to do next. I'm assuming there is an additional screw underneath the twin buttons for the electric windows, but I don't know how to get at it. There is a small hole at the rear of this assembly, and maybe it's for sticking a small screrw driver in and prising the switches out? If I pop the two switch buttons off, there is a small slot lower down that might also be used to pry the switches out, but it's going to be very tricky.

Has anyone done this before? I'm assuming the speaker isn't working because a connection close by has failed, but wanted to test it with a multimeter to measure the resistance just to make sure the speaker hadn't blown..

Ford Luxury Ka MK1 2008 - Driver's side door panel stuck ( speaker broken?) - elekie&a/c doctor

There is a screw behind the switch pack that holds the door card.The switch unit is removed with the grab handle which is clipped at the top.However ,it is more likely to be a broken wire in the door shut causing the speaker failure.Pull back the rubber boot on the door wiring to check.