What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford mondeo Mk3 2002 - Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - Manoj MJ

Hi, this is Manoj from India, I am owning a ford mondeo 2002 model and few days back i found a problem with my clutch, While revving up the clutch become too smooth, but the gear transmission is also smooth, i would like to know what would be the problem and the solution for that problem.Does that problem cause any damage to the engine. please let me know any concerns about this problem and does any one face such type of problems.
Thanks
Manoj

Ford mondeo Mk3 2002 - Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - Peter D

Are you suggesting that the clutch is slipping. Regards Peter

Ford mondeo Mk3 2002 - Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - galileo

Are you suggesting that the clutch is slipping. Regards Peter

There is a thread by the OP April 7th, (page 3 of this forum) about this clutch where he says the clutch was completely replaced (plate, cover, release brg) 4000 km ago.

Symptoms do sound like clutch slip, maybe something not set up correctly?

Ford mondeo Mk3 2002 - Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - Manoj MJ

Hi, thanks for the Suggestion Peter, the clutch i snot slipping, well the problem i am having is While i am revving fast the clutch is becoming smoother and while going slow its becoming normal, well the gear transmission is also smooth, will there be any problem with the clutch plate.

Ford mondeo Mk3 2002 - Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - Bolt

Hi, thanks for the Suggestion Peter, the clutch i snot slipping, well the problem i am having is While i am revving fast the clutch is becoming smoother and while going slow its becoming normal, well the gear transmission is also smooth, will there be any problem with the clutch plate.

From what you have said so far I would agree with the others, clutch slip, was it a new clutch fitted? or second hand (from scrapyard)

Ford mondeo Mk3 2002 - Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - Bolt

I could be wrong here, but get the impression OP means clutch pedal is easier than before.

if so, its probably because the release bearing is new and possibly the primary shaft may have been lubricated...please correct if wrong?

Will there be any problem which will effect the engine, can you please suggest me what can happen and what would be the problem with that clutch.
Thanks and best regards
Manoj

Hi, the clutch is replaced with a new clutch plate not a used one,

thanks

Ford mondeo Mk3 2002 - Ford mondeo MK3 - Regarding ford mondeo mk3 Clutch - Peter D

Stop using the word smooth. Find another word as this does not make any sence. Regards Peter