What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord 1.8 2000 - front sidelights not working - victor2

Front sidelights not working on yr 2000 1.8 Honda Accord. One stopped working first and a few weeks later the second one stopped too. I replaced both bulbs, but no luck. Anyone had the same problem or know where's the likely fault? Thanks.

Edited by victor2 on 14/01/2016 at 18:43

Honda Accord 1.8 2000 - front sidelights not working - elekie&a/c doctor

If both the rears are working ok,then I would think the fuses are ok,as the circuits are fused left and right.Possibly a fault within the wiring to the headlights or the connector to them.Access to the headlight plug requires removal of the bumper for access.

Honda Accord 1.8 2000 - front sidelights not working - victor2

Thank you elekie&a/c doctor. When you say the headlight plug, do you mean the connector to the bulbs or a connector off the loom? I can access the bulbs easyily enough from the bonnet. All the other lights are working ok. Strange they should go one after the other and not together.

Honda Accord 1.8 2000 - front sidelights not working - elekie&a/c doctor

I mean the main connector that runs to the bottom of the headlight.You can't reach this without removal of the bumper.It may just be possible to access these connectors if the plastic undershields are reomved.I would re-check the bulbs before doing any further major surgery.