What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Have you come across people like this (in the UK) - graham123
I recently bought a used (3 year old) car. A 2012 Ford Focus 1.6 105bhp (petrol) with 18 000 miles on the clock.

I had the car for just a few weeks when I noticed smoke coming from underneath the bonnet whilst driving up a steep hill. I went back to the Ford garage where I bought it this morning. The service manager came out to look under the bonnet to see if he could see the problem. He said he thought it was coming from the clutch. He then went on to say to me that it was my driving that was causing it! I am 80 years old and have been driving for 55 years!

When I questioned his attitude towards both me and the car he flounced off without trying to resolve the issue with me in an adult way. Do you know anyone who behaves like this?
Have you come across people like this (in the UK) - alan1302
When I questioned his attitude towards both me and the car he flounced off without trying to resolve the issue with me in an adult way. Do you know anyone who behaves like this?

It will depend of course how you treated him as well - which we don't know.

Have you come across people like this (in the UK) - skidpan

Duplicate post replied to in Motoring.

Why do posters duplicate in 2 different areas.

Have you come across people like this (in the UK) - RobJP

Duplicate post replied to in Motoring.

Why do posters duplicate in 2 different areas.

Because they're ANGRY.

Maybe I should start a new thread (in 'off-topic')

Have you come across people like this (in the UK) :

They treat service managers like dirt, they're elderly and incompetent, and they think they're perfect.

Then, when they don't get treated the way they think they should be (because it was some little oik who didn't treat them the way they feel they deserve), they go and rant about it. Twice.

Am I on to a winner with my thread, or is the New Year resolution to be less sarcastic wearing off ...

Have you come across people like this (in the UK) - madf

I am 80 years old and have been driving for 55 years!

I am 68 and notice my driving skills are not what they weere so bought an autoamatic... Age catches up eventually to us all :-(

Edited by madf on 13/01/2016 at 13:30

Have you come across people like this (in the UK) - Avant

Thread closed. It isn't necessary to post the same message twice: there isn't a completely different readership in each section.