What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - lorettarowe9

Hello,

Does anyone here know about the details about my aforementioned subject? I really want to buy a new Ford for my loved ones yet I still don't really know where to start looking at. Will it be best if you can show me any tips or a buying guide headstart for this particular model (Ford Focus)? That will help a lot folks.

Thanks,

Lor

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - FP

Is this another faux-naif poster who's trying to wind us up?

21st December. They seem to know nothing about the car they want, nor where to get it, and they reckon they have time, following advice from us, to buy a car before the 25th? (OK, maybe it's just possible.)

And they have never seen or heard of car dealers? Showrooms? Used car adverts in newspapers or online?

Don't know about the masses of info available about every car, model past and present, on the internet?

Now if they had done just a little research and wanted our opinion on specific aspects, fair enough. But four days before Christmas?

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - gordonbennet

I suspect its exactly that.

MSE forums had one displaying similar traits with somewhat bizarre threads, also took to giving some rather odd advice, i hope its not the same individual.

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - Engineer Andy

A real shame we can't put them in touch with those lovely cheap cooking area furniture sellers from the Far East - sounds like a match made in Heaven!

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - piggy

Where's Skidpan when we need him? :)

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - Avant

Calm down, chaps - no-one's trying to advertise anything. Not everyone is as knowledgeable about cars as some of us are: in the unlikely event of my wanting to buy, say, a racehorse, I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking. But there's probably an owners' forum somewhere which might, just, have people prepared to give advice.

Loretta - first of all look at the Reviews section of this site for buying advice and for which model you want (there are lots): for the actual purchase of a new Ford you need a Ford dealer. Ford's own website (www.ford.co.uk) should be able to help you to find a dealer in your local area.

Choice of car is quite a personal thing, and if you're buying it from someone else, I'd advise you to involve them in the choice, rather than try a surprise which may be wrong for their needs.

Edited by Avant on 22/12/2015 at 00:27

No-one has said anything about the original post being spam.

I cannot imagine anyone just beginning to think about buying a racehorse (or indeed a car) four days before Christmas. And cars are a part of modern life for nearly everyone, unlike racehorses. There cannot be anything like the same level of awareness, or lack of it.

I still say this is a wind-up. If I'm wrong I will apologise and donate £20 to a charity of the OP's choice.

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - RobJP

I'll add £20 to FP's.

So, Loretta, all you've got to do is come back on here and show that this wasn't a wind-up or spam - and I do think it is spam (do it by using the 'report this post as offensive' button to provide the moderator Avant with some proof of details) and detail the charity you'd like the money paid to. I'll ensure it's done on Gift Aid too.

I'll chuck another £20 into the ring, but it'll be to Macmillans (we have a macmillans collection box at work which gets well supported)....sorry about the proviso folks, i'm averse to keeping fat cats in scandalous salaries as too many charities prove.

Avant you are always fair, but the pattern emerging here is familiar, and rather too familiar to the MSE troll who made themselves a real PITA under several identities.

Edited by gordonbennet on 22/12/2015 at 09:26

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - skidpan

Of course its SPAM, just read the sentance

I really want to buy a new Ford for my loved ones yet I still don't really know where to start looking

If anyone is so thick they don't know to go to a car dealer to buy a car where have they been for the last 100 years.

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

I thought spam meant unwanted, unasked-for advertising.

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - skidpan

I thought spam meant unwanted, unasked-for advertising.

Probably is but what would you use to describe obviously stupid postings like the OP's.

"...what would you use to describe obviously stupid postings like the OP's."

Trolling? (= making online comments designed to produce a negative emotional reaction in others)

Edited by FP on 22/12/2015 at 10:32

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - nailit

I was suspicious too. Strange choice of words (to me) stuck out like a sore thumb, "loved ones" - plural? and "headstart" and "folks".

Or she could just be American :-)

Bless her (or him) having to troll to get their kicks........

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - alan1302

It can also be a way for someone to register a verified account on the forum - make a valid post and then come back at a laster date and make one about the room you cook in.

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - oldroverboy.

Now if someone can only find me some nice cheap genuine 2 carat diamond earings for youngrovergirl, (her best friends)..

Gordonbennet, got any falling off the back of your...

Gordonbennet, got any falling off the back of your...

If you can wind it up to a min 30' tipping angle with your scissor jack, then connect your foot pump and pump the body up to a bar pressure and keep it going while it fluidises and blows, sometime around next september assuming your right leg hasn't dropped off in the meantime you could probably get 28 ton of slightly stale flour out of it i s'pose, would YRG be endeared for ever to find that in her Christmas stocking?..:-)

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - Avant

Youngflourgirl - what a nice thought, as long as you say it rather than write it.

Ford Focus - Finding A Perfect Gift for Christmas! - oldroverboy.

Youngflourgirl - what a nice thought, as long as you say it rather than write it.

Like it!

yrg is a child of the 60's so quite appropriate. whereas I am one of the last "georgian" children.