What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Stream 2.0 V-Tec petrol 2002 - Brake caliper carrier/bracket - Vstrom
Trying to get hold of Rear Both Sides Brake Caliper Carrier/Bracket. Searched net but no luck, any ideas. Thanks
Honda Stream 2.0 V-Tec petrol 2002 - Brake caliper carrier/bracket - hardway

I usually end up bying an entire calliper even though it's not needed.

Breakers tend to sell the whole unit.

Honda Stream 2.0 V-Tec petrol 2002 - Brake caliper carrier/bracket - focussed

Caliper bracket/ pad carrier is not available as a separate part, it comes as part of the caliper sub-assembly.

See here- www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_...9

Great thanks for the reply.

My Problem Both rear wheels getting hot. Changed Discs, Calipers, Pads and still wheels heating up. If the Caliper carrier bracket bolt are loosened the wheels spin freely but once you tighten back up the wheels are difficult to turn, Is it the brackets where the problem may be ? Strange its the same both sides at the rear. Called in to a main honda dealer today and they said to change the Brake Fluid as that may help. Has anyone had this problem and solved it.

Thanks...driving me mad.

Honda Stream 2.0 V-Tec petrol 2002 - Brake caliper carrier/bracket - Cyd

check the handbrake is releasing okay

Hi....yes checked handbrake and that's ok. Thanks for the thought.
Honda Stream 2.0 V-Tec petrol 2002 - Brake caliper carrier/bracket - focussed

So slacking the caliper bracket bolts frees the brakes off?

What I would do is to make sure that the caliper sliding pins are free, Strip them out, disassemble, clean them up, buffing wheel, emery, etc, grease them, be careful to refit the rubber bellows undamaged. The caliper body should slide freely by hand in and out with no pads in.

Also bleed the rear brakes to eliminate air in the calipers.

Worth mentioning about the procedure after reassembling.

The pistons will have been pushed back/wound back in to the calipers.

Do not use the handbrake yet.

To close the pads up, chock the wheels, start the engine, pump the brake pedal until it goes hard., only then try the handbrake on/off a few times.

Hi and thanks for your thoughts. The sliding pins are new as are the discs, caliper said and pads. It is booked in tomorrow to have the brake fluid changed, suggested by my local Honda main dealer. I will post what the result and thanks very much again.