What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
suzuki jimny vs daihatsu terios vs fiat sedici - logger

Another 4x4 question ...

basic 4x4... anyone particularly pro/anti the jimny,terios,sedici... around 2002 model(s)

Thanks

suzuki jimny vs daihatsu terios vs fiat sedici - logger

forgot...add another Panda 4x4 1.2

suzuki jimny vs daihatsu terios vs fiat sedici - madf

If looking for a 13 year old car, condition is all.

So lack of rust, everything works and no nasty noises. And a careful owner and evidence it has been serviced. And good tyres. If you are a coompetent DIYer, I could add more,, but I assume you are not.

The chances of you finding an example of each like that locally is in my view as likely as finding a snowball in hell. And you don't want to travel hundreds to miles to view a piece of junk misdescribed as "well looked after " - which is what many ads will be like.

suzuki jimny vs daihatsu terios vs fiat sedici - focussed

The Suzuki Jimny is often dismissed as a toy, but they are a tough little beast with a proper low range gearbox, but you don't want to do long distances in one without earplugs - the Terios is a tough little thing also but I don't know about its capability as a 4wd.

Find a good Jimny that hasn't been messed about or neglected and it should be ok.

suzuki jimny vs daihatsu terios vs fiat sedici - Avant

Fiats have improved recently in terms of quality, but I wouldn't wish a 13-year-old one on anyone. Best to go Japanese, amd petrol-powered. The Jumny and Terios are worth looking at, and Mitsubishi also did a mini-Shogun called the Pinin.

But as madf says, condition is more important than make or model.

suzuki jimny vs daihatsu terios vs fiat sedici - Auristocrat

The Fiat Sedici/Suzuki SX4 (effectively the same car) didn't go on sale until 2005.

suzuki jimny vs daihatsu terios vs fiat sedici - bazza

I did a bit of work on a 2000 ish Terios a couple of years ago, what a beautifully simple car to work on. But check history and noise from 4wd system.

If I wanted an old tiny 4x4, I would have one of these in an instant.