Mechanics' 125mph Joyride In Vauxhall Monaro [R/O] - Hamsafar
Mechanics' 125mph Joyride In Customer's Car

They were supposed to be fixing a leaky radiator. But when the owner of a £30,000 Vauxhall Monaro car collected it from his local garage, he discovered mechanics had taken it on a joyride at speeds of 125mph. Skip related content

The owner of the car, who doesn't want to be named, had installed a Roadhawk black-box recorder three months earlier.

When he left his car for repair at the garage in Redditch, there was a quarter of a tank of petrol left. When he collected it, he noticed the tank was empty.

"I looked at the video from the Roadhawk and was completely stunned. They had taken it out for a spin on the A435 at 120mph.

"When I confronted the garage they denied it. Then I told them I had the video and they admitted everything and apologised."

The Roadhawk device records video, GPS data and g-forces for every journey.

Video captured during the incident, which has been posted on YouTube, shows the driver overtaking cars and lorries on the A435 Alcester Road between Redditch to Portway.

The vehicle speeds past a garage at 100mph, before hitting a narrow slip-road at 90mph and continuing through country lanes.

The owner said: "The outside of that lane is marked off and lorries sometimes park up there. If you go wide on that corner at that speed you could easily slam into the back of one."

Fans of the film Ferris Bueller's Day off will enjoy the video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZbQ_KOGBcQ

In a scene from the film, Ferris persuades Cameron to let them borrow his father's 1961 Ferrari 250 GT. After leaving it at a garage they return to discover 100 miles have been added to the clock.

The 5.6 litre Vauxhall Monaro has a top-speed of 170mph and won Top Gear's best Muscle Car award.

West Mercia police confirmed they are investigating the incident. The owner of the garage said he had seen the video but refused to comment.
uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20091110/tod-mechanics-125mph-...l

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/11/2009 at 10:15

Mechanics' 125mph Joyride In Vauxhall Monaro - Dynamic Dave
Previously posted - original thread here:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=79206

Please continue discussion there if there is anythingto add.