02 2.0tddi airbag fault codes - colin1974
hi, i have mondeo 02 tddi, airbag light flashing 2 flashes then 4 flashes and so on, any ideas i' be very greatfull, Regards colin.

Edited by Pugugly on 18/10/2008 at 00:32

02 2.0tddi airbag fault codes - Screwloose

Flash code 24 refers to a fault with the circuit feeding the curtain airbag on the driver's side.

Getting it plugged in will provide more details of the exact problem with the circuit.
02 2.0tddi airbag fault codes - jimbano
Hi,

The most common fault is a bad connection under a front seat.. Usually the driver's seat.

If you look under the seat, you will see a yellow multi-plug.. dis-connect the plug, give the wiring a wiggle and reconnect.. Switch ignition on and see if the light now goes out.
You could try this on both seats a couple of times before it may work..

If the light stays on after this, you will need to have a diagnostic check done on the airbag system.

Hi, sorry got it wrong last time, fault code is 4 flashes then 2, 42, any ideas?

Moves to existing discussion

Edited by Webmaster on 18/10/2008 at 13:13

Flash code 42 is the front crash sensor circuit. IIRC it's in front of the radiator and the plug corrodes.
Hi
i found the sensor, checked plug, looked very clean no corrosion, wd it and plugged in a few times, checked ignition, fault still there. any other ideas?

If it's code 42; then it is for that CIRCUIT - in total.

Time to get it plugged-in for further info.
02 2.0tddi airbag fault codes - paulbo1
I have this same problem with my 05 plate mondeo.

Can anybody tell me exactly where the front crash sensor is located ?