What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5.[Read only] - Pugugly

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 6 *****

This is Volume 5 of an unexpectedly popular thread outlining (as he subtly altered subject line suggests) owners' experiences.

Volumes 1-4 are below.

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Volume 4

Edited by Webmaster on 21/07/2008 at 01:26

Creaking f/n/s suspension - Mixmaster S
Hi there, I'm new so hello to all. I have had my CZC1 now for 6 weeks and I love it (even with its minor faults which most people have outlined) its a great little car. Unfortunatly after the first week the front near side suspension started to creak. I took it back to the dealer and they had a look and said it was a faulty bush. They would get a the new part in and fix it. After a couple of weeks I phoned them to see if they had the part and they said they have had problem locating the part as Mitsubishi have not got some parts listed on the database for the new CZC so they have contacted them for advice. 5 weeks later I asked them about it and still they have no answer. I am really fed up coz I love this car and want it back to normal. I cant find a complaints address and am aware they can be awkward... any suggestions on this.
Creaking f/n/s suspension - bintang
any suggestions on this.

Sorry, only commiserations. However, I am astonished by your experience. My own experience with my local Mitsubishi garage is so good I am on my third Colt from them.
Hi there, to tell you the truth, the dealer has been as good as they can be but as they pointed out the issue is with Mitsubishi themselves as they have not advised them yet of where they can source the part. Bummer really cos as I said the cars are really good. I'll have to keep the pressure up with the dealer I think.
Creaking f/n/s suspension - sadlad
Hi Mixmaster

Try calling Mitsibishi customer services [01285 647774] - keep it factual and logical, and ask for their help. They will probably promise to call back, but give them a day at most and then call them. The car has been in production since mid 2006, so they should have the parts. [It may even be shared with the hatchback that has been going longer!]

BTW may from tracking this thread and who got what and when, the average lead time for a new order not already in dealer stock is 12 TO 14 WEEKS.

Some colours arrive a bit quicker - orange slightly, silver more so and little track of blue.

Hi thanks for the advice. I went into the dealer last Friday to see them and the salesman who sold me the car was there this time and I told him what was going on. He was brilliant and got straight on the case. They tracked down the part at another dealer and my car went in today to be sorted so lets hope it will be fixed asap. They said that the suspension and steering on the new CZCs are different from the other Colt models but like sadlad said its been in production since 2006.

OK I ordered my CZC1 back in the last week of March and got it the last week of April.
Creaking f/n/s suspension - yorky
Hi
Have you tried the Mitsubishi website.
How long did you wait for your car and what area are you from.
Hope it gets sorted soon
Creaking f/n/s suspension - yorkshirelass
Hi Yorky,
i ordered my black czc2 29th March in the Middlesbrough area and still waiting i was offered a second hand 08 last friday but turned it down hoping to get a phone call on tuesday with some news but i dont no if it is good news or bad news watch this space.
Shame we are missing all this nice weather but i have got my wooly knickers waiting
2000 mile update - welshlad
i was going to write a review of my car having broken the 2000 mile mark but i dont think it would be fair to those still waiting as i know it can be frustrating but i will say its worth the wait
Creaking f/n/s suspension - yorky
Hi yorkshirelass

Sounds good to me but shame about the wait. I called in the showroom last week just to say hello. Still no change on end of July for my CZC3. They have a black CZC2 on the forecourt so I had a play. Thought I might as well as I was in Bury St Edmunds. So guys and gals out there if you want to sit in one and have a play whilst waiting for yours to be delivered I'm sure Adam won't mind even better if you place an order. Hope I get a discount for this sales pitch (doubt it).
Hi sorry yes. As the above I waited 5 weeks and live in Southampton area.

Edited by Mixmaster S on 16/06/2008 at 21:38

Hi there, just to update you, the dealers have fixed the problem (bushes on the suspension) and I picked her up today (albeit a day later) and touch wood, so far so good. To all you that are waiting... it is worth the wait... I have noticed that the lack of the CZC is keeping the value up of the cars up at the moment. I saw the lowest price for a second hand 2006 CZC is no lower than £9000 (Autotrader).
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - jewels
I've been following all the volumes of your discussions for the last few weeks with a sense of developing gloom! I ordered my orange CZC2 on 3rd March and after several phone calls to the dealer am no nearer to picking it up. Now I'm getting to the point of saying that I don't want it till September as if it arrives after mid July It'll only have a month or so on the 08 plate! May as well wait til the 58 plate. Can they make me accept it as 08 or if I refuse to pick it up till September can they put me at the back of the queue again? This is the first new car I've had so i'm a bit green when it comes to the legalities! can anyone advise?
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - yorkshirelass
hi i got my phone call as promised well 1 day late, it seems there has been problem with the windows and 400 cars were held back but this has been solved .most orders should be filled end june to mid july ,im to get another phone call on friday hopefully with more definate news.keep your fingers crossed.i feel the same about waiting till the 58 plate but then i think we wont have any sun left at all.and to be honest after waiting this long i just want to see the little colt on my drive.
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - Avant
"....as if it arrives after mid July It'll only have a month or so on the 08 plate! May as well wait til the 58 plate."

Don't worry - it won't make much difference to the value the other end. My Golf estate, ordered o the day they came out, was delivered on 20 August last year: if I'd wanted to wait till 1 September I'd have got a worse deal on the part-exchange.

Anyway I now have rarity value - there are very few 07-registered Golf V estates!

Edited by Avant on 18/06/2008 at 00:28

Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - jewels
Thanks for that - if it does arrive soon i don't think I'd have the willpower to wait til september anyway! To make matters worse I pass an orange CZC on my way home from work every day! I keep getting the overwhelming urge to wave! After reading your reply I have just rung my dealer who has told me that they have had a visit from the Mitsubishi rep today and have been told that 2 ships are docking next week with some CZC's on board - but surprise surprise, they don't know what colour, how many, or who's they are so I'll have to keep hoping! Tesco's track cabbages better than Mitsubishi track their cars! Anyway, thanks again. Hoping to get mine before my holiday to France next month. Fingers crossed!.
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - welshlad
i noticed something a bit worrying today it rained all day saturday and was dry all day sunday, when i went out to my car this morning the road underneath and surrounding the car was dry (level surface) i then drove to the post office and parked on a slight slope i was in the post office for about 5-10 minetes and when i returned to the car there was a trail of water running from the car (starting in line with the closing edge of the door). i would say about half a glass worth of water had appeared

on closer examination i saw a few droplets of water on the frame just below the door opening and on opening the door there was a trickle of water that soon became a drip.........ok i waffle on but the jist is that this was rain water from saturday.

what worries me is that this water had sat somewhere inbetween the door (possibly in the door judging by the drainage hole in the approx vacinity) and the frame, thus leading to 2 possible faults arising

a. rust in the door or the sill

b. water migrating into the car and possible pooling again leading to rusting

surely if the car wont drain water on a level surface then this must be a design flaw.

on inspection of the door drainage holes there is already signs of water stagnanting around the hole and this could lead to rusting and as the car is only 3 months old i find this more then a little cause for concern.

any thoughts on this anyone

Edited by welshlad on 23/06/2008 at 16:53

Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - Rick o Shea
Yes this is a concern welsh, i have noticed that water very easily passes the window seals, and runs down the inside of the glass. Also where the rubber joins above the glass, it does appear to run through and drip into the car when the door opens.

Its another minor thing, but its the same as the never ending drip of water above the rear wheel arch. I will keep a close eye on the water accumulating on the inner sill below the door to check for leaks.

I'm sure we all agree, we dearly love our cars, but i'm not sure about the finer details especially where water is concerned. The longevity of them may be compromised if things are as you say welsh.

keep us posted.

Rick 'o' shea

p.s i noticed the inner hubs and discs starting to rust looking through the wheels. So i removed them and applied some zinc rich paint to prevent unsightly rusty bits. when i checked the near side (side closest to the kerb) drive shaft was coated in a nice black finish, but the right was red rusty...

If anyone can be bothered to take a closer look (not sure if you can see through the wheel) please let me know if theirs is the same, - cheers
Customer service & LEAKS? - j22jbl
I am looking to buy my wife a new small run around and she has taken a fancy to the Colt CC. I must admit that I am impressed and there do appear to be some good deals around. However, I have had some negative remarks about Mitsubishi customer service and also a report that the roof seals are prone to leaks.

Does anyone have any feedback that might be of help. The alternative we are looking at is a little less flash and that is a Toyota Yaris - reports on that appear consistently good.

J
Customer service & LEAKS? - welshlad
as far as customer services are concerned they suck big style....but not so much at showroom level it more head office that do the ducking and diving.

i have a CZC and apart from a loose connection playing havoc with the roof and windows....fixed in minetes at my dealership i have not had any other problems.

as for the roof leaking i have heard this but have no experience of it with my car, the only leakage i have had is a few drips whilst pressure washing around the door windows but being frameless this is most probably due to bounce from the pressure of the water it doesnt do it in rain.

the CZC is a fun little car to drive a little excessive road noise but thats something you quickly get used to and i hardly notice it anymore

overall i give the CZC 9/10
Customer service & LEAKS? - 1970badgirl
Sorry J22JBL but I would not buy one of these cars. Yes Mitsubishi Customer Service is disgusting and yes they do leak! I have now got a full refund after rejecting my car because they were unable to fix it - what a battle I have had with them for the last 6 months - they really do not give a monkeys!! Not only did the roof leak but the rear seating came away within the 1st week of owning it (I brought the car from new!), the electic windows only worked when they felt like it, warning lights came on plus other problems too.

If you read other comments other owners are beginning to have problems too - seals leaking etc etc.

Mitsubishi Customer Care do not return your calls and when you do eventually manage to speak to someone they constantly fob you off with bare faced lies. They even denied receiving a recorded delivery letter which I sent to the Managing Director at HQ even though I had proof of HIS signature from the Post Office of when he signed for it on receipt - what an utter disgrace !! Even my solicitor couldnt believe how awful they were and what a disgusting company they are. They even damaged the paintwork of my car whilst in for repair for the 2nd time which they denied all knowledge of - that was another long and hard battle I had with them and the third time it went in for repair more damage was caused to the interior!! However I eventually won my case and luckily did receive a full refund but I didnt even receive an apology. A very nasty and bitter company.

These cars are not at all built well which when you are spening all that money on a vehicle you expect a good, solid, reliable car - this is not the case with the Colt.

Therefore take my advice and do not touch these cars, you will thank me for it in the long run.
Customer service & LEAKS? - ifithelps
Someone is probably running around in badgirl's old car now.

Of course, they might be sat at home waiting for it to be fixed.

Wonder if they know of its 'previous' - can a second owner check warranty history?

Perhaps it's now behaving itself and the new owner is delighted - be interesting to know.
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - greeny
Hi I am new to this!
I ordered a CZC first week of April and still have not heard anything!!
Tried Customer Services yesterday and they basically could not tell me when I would actually get any info on delivery date let alone actually get the car!
Is anyone else still waiting from early April orders?
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - thegreatnorm
I ordered my CZC2 in March and 3 months down the line I am still waiting. It would be nice to have a courtesy call once in a while.

I have been in touch with the dealer on several occasions, but all they could say is they are only told when the car comes into the country, and there is supposed to be a four week delivery from then. I was informed that I should have received a letter from Mitsubishi informing me of the current situation on the cars (but the letter still hasn't dropped through my letterbox!) . I have also contacted Mitsubishi Customer Care (which leaves a lot to be desired) and was just fobbed off with the usual- how the car has oversold by 1000% and basically that I would just have to wait.

If the car is so popular why don't we see any on the roads. I was beginning to think that the car was a figment of my imagination but I actually saw one on a '57 plate on Saturday, I parked up and went over to have a look at it, as I had forgotten what it looked like. It's the first one I have seen in the North East, and hope it won't be the last.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/06/2008 at 18:29

Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - hampshiregrandma
Hi all of you still waiting, I ordered my CZC in early March following a road accident in January when my car was written off. I wanted something small but also different that would get me behind a wheel again and I thought with the Summer coming the CZC would be ideal!!! I was told the car would be delivered mid April and as of today June 25th I am still waiting which means I have not driven since my accident in late January and have to rely on others to 'ferry' me around. My husband has been chasing the Dealer and Customer Services with no success - all he gets is the same answer and we are no further forward than we were when we ordered back in early March. The longer this goes on the harder it is going to be to get back behind the wheel and it is now 6 months since I have driven. I cannot comprehend how any company that wants to stay in business in these difficult times cannot inform all us waiting 'customers' when we will get our deliveries, Mitsubishi Customer Service PLEASE HELP US, at least give us a delivery date?
hi everyone,
As iv mentioned before i ordered my black czc2 in March and am still waiting i was supposed to get a phone call last Friday with news, still waiting for the phone to ring.
Yes the car does exist i saw a blue 08 going along the Marton road near the Southern Cross Middlesbrough last week, i was sat at the traffic lights and i wanted to get out of my car and touch it.
I'm a bit annoyed as when i ordered my car i had three months before i needed to get my car MOT ed but iv had to book it in for Monday another cost you can do without.
Hello to all those still waiting to take deivery of their CZC.

I would be interested to know if any of you have received a letter from Mitsubishi informing you of the current situation regarding the car, as I was told by the dealer that one was on it's way but I still haven't received mine! Could this be yet another fob off?
I have not received one. Must be another fob off!
I cannot believe how bad the Customer Service is.
I have emailed the Customer Service Department twice this week and am still awaiting a response.
Am getting concerned about the value of my part exchange now.
Is there anyone out there who has taken delivery of their car recently?!?!? (please give us hope!!)
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - yorky
Hi

We called in at the Bury St Edmunds branch and was given a letter, hot of the press from Mitsubishi, more or less saying they hoped to speed up production. I'm still waiting for my CZC3 which came out 1 May. My date was end of July so I don't expect to hear anything before then, but I will be pestering them if I don't get it by then.
We got our orange czc2 from the bury dealers and i have to say they were excellent.

We did have to wait for our car but not more than 8 weeks, and took delivery of it 2 weeks after the 08 plate arrived.

since then i have noticed a slight blemish in the paintwork, where we recieved a full set of rear parking sensors colour coded fitted. - More than compensated.

The deal we got included many extra's / service plan etc in the first place, and i know it was early in the year, but there were still people waiting for theirs then.

The Bury Dealers (John Banks) are also a Honda dealer, and i went there after rejecting the closer dealers in norwich and ipswich, and i'm glad i did. I think the very high Honda standards are applied to the attached Mitsubishi side, but not enforced in other independant mitsubishi dealers elsewhere. If there is a lesson there, its pick your dealer along those lines. Yorky, i have no doubt that the salesman (Paul and Adam) are doing all they can for you, and you will probably get your czc quicker than from anyone else.

I would however agree that there seems to be a very amaturish approach from the parent company to many issues, but the czc really is a sales phenomenon, that in the present financial climate is bucking every trend in sales across the country.

It looks better than any other retractable top coupe' on the market today, and is the cheapest. It also knocks spots off the others in terms of performance and ride, especially compared to the much dearer (and no rear seats for the kids) Tigra.

I have said it before on this forum (was in at the start - vol 1 with welsh etc) it may take a while but there is a reason you are waiting, and its in demand because it has a winning formula. And if you can put up with a few minor design and quality faults, its a car you will love owniing and being seen in. We intend to keep ours as long as the wheels keep turning, its a modern classic.

So hang in there its worth the wait!

Rick 'o' shea (p.s check the link to the photos of our car earlier.. its a gem!)
The piccies are here!

rickoshea.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_album...2
Hi Rick and everyone else.

The Newmarket Motor Show didnt have a CZC yesterday and the Mitsubishi dealer said they couldnt get one. I got chatting to a lady who purchased one from Bury St Edmunds a year ago. She has only seen one other out on the road. I havnt seen any.

She loves it and couldnt fault the dealer in Bury St Edmunds Her young granddaughter always wants the top down. It takes a child seat in the back and her elderly parents have been in the back too at a different time of course. Sounds like an all rounder to me.

Where's mine Adam at Bury St Edmunds. I'll be in touch come end of July if I don't here from you before. Please make my day before Autumn.

Yorky
just remind me again whats the difference between a CZC2 and a CZC3?
half leather interior and a bluetooth connectivity thingy i think welsh
sounds like they have added a couple of bits to the CZC2 called it a CZC3 just to put a line under the CZC2 delivery debacle, cant fault them for trying
finally got a day worthy of putting the roof down, first time in nearly 2 weeks, got stuck in a 4 mile tailback but didnt care a jot what a difference it makes to have an open top enjoying the sunshine while everyone around you is sweltering because they dare'nt turn on the AC as their not moving and it will empty their petrol tanks.

driving at 3 miles an hour i even put the windows down and turned up the stereo, the naughty side of me enjoyed all the envious stares

Edited by welshlad on 29/06/2008 at 19:12

Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - Pugugly
What were you playing ? ( he asked nervously)
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - Dynamic Dave
Given the amount of previous lol's, how about the laughing policeman? ;o)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 29/06/2008 at 20:35

the top gear CD (hangs head in shame)
Hi

The difference between a CZC2 and CZC3.
CZC3 comes with:
Leather upholstery, chrome styling bars, wind deflector and iPod/MP3 adaptor.
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - babydoll
Hi good luck to you ordering one in May and being told July, they are still telling customes 8-10 weeks i can not believe it.... I ordered mine the first week of April and have now been told i'll be lucky to see it this side of July, this is getting veru frustrating!
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - waiting impatiently
Hi
I was told by my dealer last week that there were two boats on the way in/possibly docked with CZC s definitely aboard but no idea who they belong to. It was the first time my dealer has sounded hopeful about getting a delivery date and I ordered 19th April CZC1 in black for those keeping track.
Anyway after finding the forum last week I tried UK customer service today and they would not even take my details to try and help!
So I found the Mitsubishi corporate page and I have emailed them - has anyone tried this and if so did it help at all?
I have suggested they may want to compensate me - hahahaha!
My car blew up about 8 weeks ago and although I haven't had to steel a car yet I have certainly done the begging and borrowing :-(
if there were as many boats coming across the channel as the dealers have suggested to various people at various times the entire south coast of england would be one giant carpark full of CZC's i have still only ever seen one other on the road, i really believe there is something else going on rather then over ordering but i doubt we will ever get to hear about it.
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - Self101
I too have been waiting for my CZC2, since ordering in way back at the end of March.
My dealer gave me a glimmer of hope last week, by informing me of the 'reason why the long delay', according to him their has been a technical problem with the electric windows, thus affecting the reclyning roof, and as of Thursday of last week the technical problem has been rectified. He also said the information he has been given, is that the cars have been built and now that the problem is solved, they should pass all of the safety standards to allow them to come into this country. So here's hoping it's not just another excuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there.
Good luck with the email to Mitsubishi, I have tried it twice and never had a reply! I also have phoned Customer Services today who were less than helpful! In a nutshell, we just have to wait, although I feel we have waited long enough! Its 12 weeks tomorrow since I placed my order.
I ordered a Silver CZC on the 8th April.
Lets just hope we all hear something soon!!!!
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - ssar
Hi,

I waited nearly 3 months for my CZC2 but it was well worth the wait. I sent an e-mail through Honest John who put me in touch with the Press & Public Affairs department at Mitsubishi Motors in the UK and the number is 01285 655 777. Not sure if this is the number anyone has been trying but just thought it might help. Whilst it didn't get my car any quicker, they did get straight onto the docks and monitor the situation. They have also since sorted the problem I had getting accessories and they are still acting on my behalf trying to get the service plan paperwork sent from the totally inept dealer I used!

They have been quite good keeping in contact up until now so I hope this number is helpful for those of you waiting or having other problems.

Edited by ssar on 30/06/2008 at 19:11

Haven't tried this number but it just does not seem like there is any point.
You lot were supposed to cheer me up :-)
hi
after reading your response i tried the no and got no help at all. I'm in my 14th week and still waiting, when i asked if they could trace my car, i was told no that was impossible.
I have sent 3 e-mails and i got a reply today but it only told me what we all have been told over the past weeks.
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - crystal
Hi everyone, I have been reading this thread for months now. We ordered our CZC2 right back in March, the 1st actually
We still haven't got it yet but things are definately moving now !
Our car has arrived on our shores now and is meant to arrive at our dealers on Thursday ! (Believe it when we see it !!)
The only promising thing is we do now have our registration number !!
We still don't know when we will be able to pick it up though, hopefully this week or perhaps early next week !
For anyone out there still waiting, when our car arrived last week we were told that there was 48 CZCs on the ferry so fingers crossed it could be yours !!
So excited to hear there were 48 cars in the country thanks for that :-)
My dealer is off on a Tuesday so maybe he will ring me in the morning to say mine is comming too.

I'm being an optimist this week.
Hi
I had a response from Customer Service.
This was part of the letter.
Not sure if this will help but it's a start.

"At the moment issues within the plant in which these vehicles are built
are preventing us from even getting accurate information about when
they will be shipped to the UK.

Please rest assured that we are working hard to get that information,
and as soon as we do we will pass it on to our dealers."

Wonder what the issues are. May they are over worked and under paid!!!
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - Avant
It won't be much consolation but this thread has indirectly been very helpful - there must be quite a few of us who will now never buy a Mitsubishi, any Mitsubishi, given the incompetence of the importer and some of the dealers.

It's strange, as the other Japanese makes have mostly good, helpful dealers who seem to be well backed up by the importers.

Edited by Avant on 30/06/2008 at 23:48

personally i would get another mitsuibushi as i love the car itself and apart from a small glitch sorted out by my local dealer it has been a pleasure to drive and own, but i would insist on some sort of written agreement offering some sort compensation should any simular problems as with this one
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - Bill Payer
They could definitely do with sorting out their (or Colt Car Company as it's known in the UK) Customer Services.

Rivals VW for its lack of sensitivity to customers' comments.

Edited by Bill Payer on 01/07/2008 at 09:31

Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - carl_a
They could definitely do with sorting out their (or Colt Car Company as it's known
in the UK) Customer Services.
Rivals VW for its lack of sensitivity to customers' comments.

I have letters from the colt car campany, addressed to me but describing another customers problem at a totally different dealership hundreds of miles away. They never seem to be the least bit bothered regarding their customer service. Mitsubishi Europe and Japan should find themselves a new company to import and handle customer relations.
Waiting Impatiently and Yorkshirelass just to say we were told last week that there was 2 boats coming in aswell, so your dealer may be right ! We know 1 boat did arrive cause ours was on it along with another 47
We were told that the only CZC coming to our neck of the woods was the one we ordered and all the other CZCs were going to other areas in the country, so keep your fingers crossed !
We have now been waiting exactly 4 months for ours.
I am very jealous!!
Just out of interest, what colour did you go for?
Hi Spoke to the dealer today.
It looks like silver might be the colour of the week.
They have been informed two silver are on the way to them.

I'm waiting for black and no news :-(
Hi greeny
My (at the moment invisible) CZC2 will be black !!!
What colour are you guys waiting for ?
I am waiting for silver!
I am in Hertfordshire. Will let you know when (or if!!) I hear anything.
Is there anyone else reading this thread waiting for a delivery in the North East. I have been patiently waiting for a Black CZC2 since March.
Well I'm in the southwest but I have also been waiting since March, mine should be here tomorrow (at the dealers) ! But if it is, I still don't have a date to pick it up. As I said earlier we ordered ours at the beginning of the month.
Where abouts in March did you order yours ? If it was later than the beginning perhaps yours will be here in a few weeks.
If I am lucky enough to get mine this weekend I'll try and find out if anymore are due into the country and let you all know.
Hi everyone
I've ordered a CZC3 in silver from the dealer in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
Don't expect to see it before end of July as thats my expected delivery.
Would be nice to be sooner but I doubt it as I only ordered it 1 May this year.
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - branco
Hi
I am from North east - ordered my black CZC2 March 08, just back from a week hols to be told by my dealer good and bad news= good news the car IS HERE!! Bad news my part ex has depreciated and they want a further £1100- after blowing my top totally- I negotiated - money not the object just the principle - we had agreed a deal- not my fault its taken over 3 months to arrive and they have had my deposit- after been told this would not happen and that the dealer would honour the agreed price for my Mini- feel I might just tell them to stick it and go for the Tigre !!!!!!!!!!! the excitement has worn off. I am in a dilema!!!!!!!!!

Edited by branco on 04/07/2008 at 21:27

HI thegreatnorm i ordered my black czc2 end of march in the north east still waiting,keep in touch if you hear anything
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - Self101
Hi all, well i've just been on to my dealer again regarding the whereabouts of my CZC2, and surprise, surprise they are fobbing me off yet again!
I ordered my car back at the end of March being told 4-5 weeks delivery(that's a laugh), well it has now been over 13 weeks and i'm still waiting. I thought i had a glimmer of hope when they told me the technical problem, which was holding up their release into this country, was rectified. But oh no, now according to the story today, it could still be a good while yet.
I don't know about you guys, but i am getting really fed up with being told one thing one minute and then something else the next. I just wish instead of building up your hopes, they would just tell us the truth!!! Personally i would rather hear that than all of the pink fluffy dice stories that keep getting told.
From what i'm reading the car is well worth the wait, but there's waiting and taking the preverbial!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/07/2008 at 19:47

the thing that strikes me as odd regarding these technical problems is i have had my CZC since april yet no recall's for these technical problems to be sorted out....strange eh!! either im driving a defective vehicle or this is just a ploy to fob people off
Hi
I GOT MY CAR AT LONG LAST !!!! today (actually it is now gone midnight now so I got it yesterday ! friday!) The sun shone long enough for me to put roof down, it was fantastic !!
It was definately worth the wait so don't give up !
I asked, as I said earlier I would, wether anymore CZC's have come in and I was told that a boat was meant to arrive last friday with 84 CZC's on board, but it hasn't arrived yet and they don't know what has happened to it (Burmuda Triangle perhaps !! ), but anyway one way or another at least there are some more on their way.
As for part exchange, we also lost more money on our p/x, (they had priced our car at beginning of March) outrageous isn't it ? My husband hit the roof as well but it didn't do any good
The only thing I can say is, it all seems worth it now !
Great news crystal!
I can tell you the excitement does not wear off either.... we still love getting the top down, and as it is quick and easy to do, its all the time the sun pops out.

Just out of interest, can we have a look at some shots of these new czc's?

We posted some of ours earlier in the post, and would love to see some of them as they hit the streets!

I saw the first other czc in this area (Lowestoft, East Anglia) last week, a silver one with the roof down.

Ours is the orange (hard to get when we ordered in march) with optional 7 spoke alloys.

Edited by Rick o Shea on 05/07/2008 at 10:02

Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - 1970badgirl
Sorry but all of those waiting for their CZCs should cancel their order. I got my CZC2 in Dec 07 and after numerous problems with the car I rejected it and got my full refund. The car had a different problem each week from windows not working, warning lights coming on, not to mention a roof which constinuously leaked even after 3 attempts of repairing it! Mitsubishi customer car is disgusting and I do not know how they stay in business. They do not return your calls, constantly fobbing you off with bare faced lies. Not a nice company at all to deal with (not once they have your money anyway!!). They damaged the paintwork of my car whilst in for repair for the 2nd time which they denied all knowledge of - the third time it went in for repair more damage to the interior!! However I won a long and hard battle with them and did get a full refund - I didnt even receive an apology which doesnt cost them a penny!!!. A very nasty and bitter company - I did love the car but they are not at all built well and reading other peoples comments some are beginning to have problems with theirs - the cracks are beginning to show!!! Take my advice and do not touch these cars - I am now left without a car but I am very lucky to get my money back so I am shopping around now for a new one again - I know what I shan't be getting and that's a Mitsubishi!!!!!
Hi, Im still waiting 14 weeks now my czc2 is black, i got a reply from 2 of my messages from customer reltations, so yes they do excist.
They say in the first 5 months of the year 1150 cars were delivered and1900 were ordered that leaves 750 still on the way,and if they are coming in 50 or so at time i think we will still have a long wait.
My husband says these cars are like rcking horse !!!! VERY RARE
My email has also had a response.
I sent it to the wrong Mitsubishi - some parent company but very helpfully they have sent it on to various people eventually getting to headquaters in Japan then back to the UK.
It seems to have done something as my dealer was phoned by UK customer service on Friday and after a few phone calls the last word Friday was and I quote customer service
"there is a glimmer of hope" No idea what that means but I will be on the phone tommorrow to keep up the pressure.
I'm getting all hopeful again so watch this space
Hi to all those still waiting patiently for the delivery of their elusive car. It will be 14 weeks wait for me this week. I have tried emailing Mitsubishi Customer Care on several occasions and(to which I received no replies) and also phoning them and in my opinion their customer care is non-existent and its not worth the price of a phonecall as I just got fobbed off. In desperation I have sent an email to a well known motoring expert and asked for his help, so if I get a reply I will let you know
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - babydoll
Here you go, just got off the phone to my dealer, who has told me are you ready!!!!! there is still a problem with the windows and locking mechanism on the roofs, Mitsibushi have to give them to this italian company to fix, he thinks that they have had a fall out and are refusing to do this work! therefore there are over a thousand cars sitting there with this problem. The next plan is to ship them over here to get this "problem" sorted, although at 50 a time/1000 = 20 weeks, he told me that realistically it's not going to be for at least another 2 months, i asked if it falls close to september can i have it as a 58 he said yes, even if we hold on to it for a while (fat chance) it can be registered as a 58, with the original price i was quoted. So there you go folks if like me you ordered yours the first week of April or beyond and youve waited over 3 months already looks like we've got at least another 2 months to go! Yippee!
i had what appeared a major problem with my roof and windows the roof was sticking half way and the windows wouldnt operate at all (got my car last week of april) i took the car back to the dealer and i hardly had time to get a coffee from the machine and sit down and it was fixed and no problems since, so if the exsisting problem and my problem are one in the same then i dont think its a reasonable excuse for the delays
I just called Customer Services again and asked the question about the windows and roofs. They told me it is not true and the cars are built in Italy and there has definatly not been a falling out! There has been a transport strike there which has not helped the delays.
The cars that are ordered in late March early april will be with the dealers in the next couple of weeks. (apparently!!)
Orange is the most popular colour so may take longer.
This is getting stupid now! I called the Customer Services today who did not mention this at all. Just that they are working through the backlog of orders and they are having deliveries 4 times a week. Sometimes 50 cars, sometimes more.
Who the hell are we supposed to believe?
if your waiting for your car make a big placard saying 'Mitsuibushi have made me wait X weeks for my car'

and go stand outside your dealers entrance just outside their property that way they cant make you move they will soon act to stop customers being driven away.....just a thought
I like your way of thinking!!!
I also like the idea but...
It's not the owners of the dealership I have a problem with it's Mitsubishi themselves. I'm finding it really hard to get cross with the dealer when I ask where is my car and he says "I don't know" I genuinely believe him!
When UK Mitsubishi customer service say I don't know it gets beyond a joke!

My dealer did email me today and as part of the email says: The vehicle price itself Mitsubishi have not changed and unless they do so then the original vehicle supply price quoted will stand. If they think they could get away with a price increase I would mount a picket on the garage. - That is cheeky!

They have told people at my garage that cancelling orders is just helpful for them as other people get the cars sooner so even that threat is not worthwhile. I think we are very stuck if we want this car
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - Bill Payer
I also like the idea but...
It's not the owners of the dealership I have a problem with it's Mitsubishi themselves.

Ours is a different model (CZ1) but both neither local dealer inspires confidence. The one we bought the car off (which itself was a very good process) has since tried to rip us off over servicing by charging way more than they quoted (twice!) and irritatingly always quotes ex-VAT prices, which is nothing short of sharp practice.

The service department at the other one simply refuses to answer the phone!

I've found Mitsubishi's UK agent (Colt Car Co) are extremely unhelpful and it's pretty obvious when you contact then that they really just want you to go away.

Given all the above, heaven help anyone who had a serious problem with a Mitsubishi.

It's such a shame - I think the car we have (5dr CZ1 with a/c) is great for knocking around town and pretty good value. We need to change our Jazz soon and I was thinking the Colt could perfectly well do the job and would save us probably £4K but it would take a lot for me to buy another Mitsubishi.
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - xrayspecs
I ordered mine 1st May 08, Guildford (Ripley) contacted dealer 2 wks ago, told there was a delay & I would receive letter, Letter arrived after 10 days!
Phoned today as I had specified delivery date & was assured on ordering that it would be delivered (Mid August) with some margin! Told today story about roof, Italian problems etc & have been promised a call tomorrow!
I don't think I will hold my breath.
How long is the average wait? Is there any evidence that they are delivering in order of date ordered or is it pretty random?
Has anyone tried to get a car on loan from them?
What is the verdict- worth waiting or cancel?
Love the look of the car, really enjoyed test drive but don't want to have to wait indefinitely & will be car-less from mid August when my son returns from travels unless I buy something else PDQ!

Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - carrich
Hiya all. Have been following this thread for about a month, never contributed before because I kept hoping my car would arrive, but now in my 15 week from ordering and still none the wiser!!! Ordered silver CZC2 but have now told dealer we will take any colour that becomes available. Last week was told there were two boats arriving: one with 84 CZCs and another this week with over 100. However, in typical Mitsubishi style, my dealer wasn't sure where the boats were exactly. (Are they that small? Hard to spot in the vast Bristol Channel?) Have spent past 12 weeks looking for alternative vehicles but just can't find anything of a similar price that I could actually fit my kids in as well!! Every time I pass a convertible I feel an over-whelming urge to go and poke the driver in the eye and am developing a intense dislike of sunny days. Surely it can't go on much longer....
Yes x-ray, we did get issued with a courtesey car until ours arrived.
On payment of the deposit, we agreed a date when the car was to arrive by, and I got the dealer to confirm this, then paid the money over.
When the car was not there at this date, the dealer (very good dealer in this case) at Bury, loaned me a 1.5 diesel new colt, which was a superb car, until our czc arrived. No quibble or arguments.
We actually only had the car a week and a half, as that was how long we had to wait.
Hope this helps, and hope you all get your cars soon!
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - daveyjp
"However, in typical Mitsubishi style, my dealer wasn't sure where the boats were exactly."

Send him this link! If he knows the name he can see where it has or hasn't been for the last 6 months or so!!!

www.shipais.com/index.php
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - carrich
Send him this link! If he knows the name he can see where it has
or hasn't been for the last 6 months or so!!!
www.shipais.com/index.php

I asked him and by all accounts this week's ship was the Mary Celeste and next week's is the Titanic.
This ship will definitely arrive and nothing could possibly prevent it, although watch out for ice warnings between Lundy and Portbury
Hi
Was it a CZC2 or CZC3 that you ordered on 1 May?
I orderded CZC3 on 9 May and was told delivery end of July.
Hi,
I spoke to my dealer yesterday he says he hopes to phone me next week with some good news's Sharnt hold my breath!!!!
He also tels me he had a delivery of 1 black czc2 last week unfortunately it was not mine.
So keep your eyes peeled there's a czc2 driving about the North East.

Fingers crossed for you yorkshirelass! Hope you do hear something soon.
Needless to say I have not heard a dicky bird.
Owners' experiences thread Vol 5. - xrayspecs
CZC2-blue
The sun is shining in the South East and am day dreaming about driving around in a lovely silver CZC2. Ho Hum!!

Its raining cats and dogs in the North East and i also am dreaming of driving a lovely black czc2 Dream on .
your better off just think when you have that car all the things you'll have to put up with the wind in your hair and the sun on your face all those envious stares you dont really want all that do you :-)

Edited by welshlad on 10/07/2008 at 22:47

You're right. It really does sound terrible! ;-)
I agree it sounds awfull i think i will cancel my car HA HA!!!
Its friday my day off and the day most people seem to get that magic phone call but its not come yet.I was hoping to be dashing down to the dealers to have a little stroke (of the car that is)but it looks like i will just have to watch it raining again and be glad im not out in that little black car getting her all wet.