What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Owners' experiences thread Vol 4 [Read only] - Tonycq

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 5 *****

Hi
been watchin Paul2's messages to see if he got his CZC2 before mine, I ordered mine on the 22nd February and still no car, I've been told the next one in is mine but the dealership has no Idea when the cars come in, and I'm having no addons other than what the dealership fits and I ordered a black one as I was told they are the "standard" color. The car is a Motaility car so I dont feel I can make a fuss, problem is I've sold my car as I was told late March beginning of April for delivery luckily I've got my wifes car to fall back on

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread split once more.

Volumes 1, 2 & 3 are below.

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Edited by Webmaster on 11/06/2008 at 01:37

Have I now waited the longest ? - welshlad
you are entitled to moan like everyone else regardless of whether the car is a motabillity car or not. thats irrelevant as the only matter between you and the dealer is for them to supply you with a car something they are obviously not living up to.

i have a CZC on motability mine was delayed too i didnt let up on the dealer, they still have an obligation to you as a customer
Have I now waited the longest ? - Rick o Shea
If anyone would like to drive away a brand new 0 mile orange czc, try the dealer at Bury St. Edmunds, just don't say where you heard about it.... (please) :-)
so much for no dealer getting display models till all the back orders are covered eh!!
Have I now waited the longest ? - deantyson
there are two new black czc1 for sale one in bridend glamorgan the other in barnsley south yorkshire, just look on autotrader, and mitsubishi say`s they can`t get any what a joke !!!
Not all bad! - Luckyone
In the spirit of balance, I thought I would add a quick post.

I had been following this very useful forum/topic with a vested interest.
We (my wife) ordered a CZC2 in silver the day after Easter Monday (25th March).Our dealer told us that the car should arrive late April.

In praise of them, they stuck to their word, and when I raised the issues appearing on this forum (as we had a trade in etc.) they contacted Colt and kept us fully informed. Whilst there was a backlog, we were told dealers had a certain allocation that would come through. I have to admit I was sceptical but the car arrived with them 22nd April and we picked up on the 29th, following a number plate transfer and the addition of custom leather seats.

We are delighted with the car (and the dealer) and , no, we don't work for Mitsubishi!!!!

PS only annoyance is the damn seatbelt warning bleep as soon as you turn the key. Does anyone know if this can be 'turned off' by the dealer?
Not all bad! - welshlad
i agree with you about the seat belt warning i like to reverse out of a parking space without my seatbelt on i find that easier for twisting and turning to see whats about, it can be quite annoying especially if you have rear parking sensors fitted its like a thousand angry crickets loose in the car LOL
Not all bad! - sporty chick
How bout this weather.... aint it just great driving this car in the sunshine!!!
Not all bad! - welshlad
tell me about it i drove 8 miles today just to buy some tomato sauce just so i could put the roof down

Edited by welshlad on 07/05/2008 at 23:45

Not all bad! - mate
Hey welshlad I do the same sometimes! Just love to drive even if its around the corner.

I've been going thru the thread but was too lazy to create an account and write a few lines. I'm from Australia and I've been driving Colt Cabriolet (as they call it here in Oz) for about a month and half. The listed price for non-Turbo model is $32990 + onroads (don't worry about high amount - its in Australian dollars - not Pounds...hehe) but I got it for $ 26000 drive-away... I assume that the price-cut has been everywhere.

First things first, the car is NOT selling in Australia. If its a 3-month waiting period in UK, i guess, dealers here still have a few cars left and are reducing price every week just to clear the stock.

Nevermind... I'm least bothered about the price-cut as I'm not gonna sell this soon.....I love the car (its a silver beauty). Though its getting colder here, i drive with roof down whenever I can. Well I'm a guy and just wondering how many males on this forum drive the Colt CZC... I guess its mostly females?
Not all bad! - welshlad
its been described by alot of people as a ladies car and originally that itself almost put me off even going to look at one.

that said i was surprised when i did first see it, its not what i would class as a small car and its fairly chunky in design, i parked next to a mercedez 200 the other day and surprisingly they werent much different in length and height.

i do think it was originally put on the market to attract the female customers (hence the absence of red in the available paint colours) but i think its has actually managed to find its own market come this time next year i think the whole image will have changed.

it turns heads but i have noticed that it turns as many male heads as it does female i really think there could be a battle of the sexes over who gets the rights to this car.

the 3 month wait over here in the UK is a supply problem they dropped the price without ensuring they had the stock to cover the rush (a rush im starting to think they hadnt expected)
Not all bad! - sadlad
Luckyone -

I see yours was silver - Some colours seem to arrive faster than others.

However, Mitsubishi UK at Cirencester have said it takes up to 4 weeks from a car arrving at Portbury to arrive at the dealers. So it sounds as if your was already on the way - or maybe someone who got fed up with the wait and cancelled.

Also I have seen silver demonstrators at Coventry [Oak Tree Garage] and in Cornwall [Dales].

Edited by sadlad on 08/05/2008 at 12:49

Not all bad! - welshlad
had to book the car into the service dept for monday, there is something wrong with the roof controls, half the time the buttons dont respond (push them and they are dead no beeps nothing) and when they do the roof movement seems sluggish i just put the roof up and it got stuck and died about a 1/4 of the way though the cycle luckily i kept my finger on the button and after about 5 seconds it started up again so its now closed and gonna stay that way till its looked at im not risking the roof getting stuck open.

according to the mechanic it is something to do with the calibration but i will let you all know what happens on monday

ps) im getting 4 beeps now instead of 2 when the roof closes not good on a car thats only a month old

Edited by welshlad on 08/05/2008 at 18:23

Have I now waited the longest ? - sadlad
Hi tonycq,

Suggest you telephone Mitsibishi customer services [01285 647774] and ask them to find out from their vehicle sales administrator. You will need to tell them where you ordered from and when. They will need to speak to the dealership to get the order number. But thay can get information that is not always available to the dealership.

They will probably promise to call back, but give them a day at most and then call them. You should be able to get some indication - but you are not the only one waiting this long.

Have I now waited the longest ? - ssar
Hi all - I ordered my black CZC2 26th Jan and was told 2 weeks delivery! Yeah right........

I finally took delivery of it on 25th April after complaining directly to Mitsubishi who basically gave me the same lame excuses as the dealer - high demand, delays at the factory, bad weather stopping the boat docking and not enough boats to get the cars over here........honestly. And then to add insult to injury, the dealer told me he had paid too much for my p/ex - his problem.

2 hours before I collected the car, the dealer rang to say that the salesman who had done my original quote had quoted the lower spec CZC1..........again his problem,. This salesman has since left as have many other staff. Do you think it is because they are as fed up as their customers?!!

Anyway, enough moaning as I absolutely love the car and have managed a few 'topless' days this week. It seems to be doing quite well on fuel too.

Can anyone tell me if they took up the £200 3 year servicing option and if so, have they received any paperwork yet? I have called the dealer twice about this and they just keep saying they will speak to the admin department.

The dealer also forgot the mats and whilst I have rung about these too, it seems that they are having as many problems getting the accessories as they were with the car in the first place.

But, after all that I do think it was worth the wait. I think the dealers and Mitsubishi have only made it worse by not being up front and honest about all the delays.

S
3 year service plan - 1970badgirl
Hi - I brought my CZC2 on 21st December 2007 and paid £200 for the 3 yr service plan too. I received a letter dated 21st February 2008 from their HQ in Cirencester in relation to this service plan and so therefore it took a whole 2 months for them to write to me!! You should receive your letter around 25th June !!

I ordered mats also but they arrived pretty quick, surprisingly.

Hope this helps.

3 year service plan - welshlad
i just noticed the CZC has been removed from the motabillity website, dont know if thats due to the current delivery probs or whether its been withdrawn from the scheme completely
czc and Mobility scheme - Tonycq
Hi
apparently Mitsubishi knew the CZC was being withdrawn from the Mobility scheme 6 weeks ago

Edited by Pugugly on 11/05/2008 at 20:30

czc and Mobility scheme - welshlad
looks like my not waiting till april to go onto the scheme was worth it otherwise i would have missed out
czc and Mobility scheme - welshlad
just got back from the service center the mechanic checked out every component of the roof and then re-calibrated the system seems to work fine now and is not sluggish on closing so fingers crossed it was a teething problem not a fault.
czc and Mobility scheme - Paul2
Reference the 3 services offer - we paid the additional amount for the 3 year cover and the dealer pre-stamped three coupons in the service history book ready for each anniversary or 12500 miles per annum. We just have to present the appropriate coupon for each service.
Reference miles per gallon - driving down to Devon and back the other week-end (roof up but air-con on) returned 48 to the gallon. Yesterday we had a trip around the Cotswolds (roof down - air-con off) and we got 51.8. I think overall its pretty impressive for this type of car.
Have I now waited the longest ? - Tonycq
Hi Sadlad
Took your advice and rang Mitsubushi and they said they couldnt tell me anything except the CZCs have been over ordered by 1000%. So I'll just have to watch enviously as other people enjoy the heatwave in their cabriolets mind you it could rain thursday (got to look on the bright side) and once the wet weather arrives I'm guessing so will my car.
Hi Tonycq,

Don't give up on them and ask again. Say your dealer seems unable to give any information on delivery. Ask them to investigate and tell you when the car was [or will be] built, when it was shipped to Pininfarina and when it was [or will be] shipped to Portbury. I suggest you say that you have waited patiently but would like an indication of how many weeks more you might need to wait. It worked for us, provided you ask politely.
Have I now waited the longest ? - Paul2
Hi Tonycq - have a look at my two comments on the 16th April and another on the 24th April, you will see an e-mail address direct to the main customer service team dealing with this problem. I pestered them via email and telephone and finally they intervened via the car administrator at Portbury Docks - the car then arrived within a short space of time. However, I have to say that it took virtually 3 months from date of order to the date my wife finally collected her car (ordered 2nd Feb - collected 30th April) - but the wait was well worth it in the end. But I fully appreciate that it is very frustrating whilst you are waiting and suffering from a total lack of meaningful update news from the dealer. I can tell you that these motors are extremely good - smooth, fairly quiet and economical and so far, ours appears to be very well put together. They are also very good at 'turning heads' - everywhere you go people seem to stop to have a look. Be patient matey - it will be worth it!
Thanks Paul I've emailed mitsubishi as you suggested and will update everyone if they answer.
i spoke to soon just got back from my second visit to the service dept today everything was working fine till i got home parked up and went to put the roof up, this time the roof worked fine but the windows were dead (and open).......this time it was a faulty connector this morning it just required re-calibration im hoping this isnt round two of the mitsuibushi game called '100 hundred answers to every question' i went off that game when it concerned deliveries
Nice Car But it does have faults... - Rick o Shea
Sorry to hear your roof is not working well Welshlad.
We got our cars (Oriental Orange CZC2) at about the same time, if you remember our posts at the time. We absolutely love our car too, its an absolute gem, and everyone we come across thinks the same thing, but it does have faults, and I have listed the ones I have noticed below, in the interests of improving the breed...
1. The bleeping at start up, of the seat belt warning
2.It takes a long while to warm up (ok in the summer, but winter is coming...) ours took 12 miles to warm in 18 degrees ambient temp.
3. Noisy gearbox/clutch toe bearing (run your car in the garage, with the clutch pressed in, and release it, to hear the noise difference)
4. When using a hose to wash the car, water easily passes the window seals and runs down the inside of the window.
5. when the car has been out in the rain and you open the boot, it drips inside the boot and soaks the boot carpets.
6. We have noticed a flaw in the pearlescant paintwork, when its sunny it has a blotch on it under the clear laquer. The dealer accepts the fault and reported to mitsubishi. As we are reluctant to have the side of the car sprayed, we enquired if there is an option of compensation, - parking sensors/chrome foot pedals etc, but its have your new car sprayed or nothing..
7. The water sits in the bumper boot release recess, despite having a drain hole in.
8. 45 mins after washing the car, water still drips from the drain above the rear wheel arch, even though you have completely leathered the car dry half an hour since!

Ok, some of the points may seem to be picky, but others are not, and as mitsubishi have admitted reading this post, its a bit of free market research/product development for them, if they want to contact me directly, i am pleased to advise further...

If not i would appreciate it if you guys could indicate if any of this seems familiar to you...?
Nice Car But it does have faults... - welshlad
1. the bleeping.....yes very annoying

2. mine usually warms up in about 2 minetes even before the weather got warmer .......best you get that checked out

3. i have noticed that too the gearbox can be quite clunky at times

4. i have used the jet wash a couple of times and not had this problem....again you might need to get this looked at

5. annoying or what especially as the trunk has drain channels galour

6. mitsuibushi should try to rectify that as its an original fault sporty chick has a mark on hers too ive looked at mine and so far i cant see any on my car

7. yep mine too

8. and also starts seeping out of other nooks and crannys onto your freshly leathered paintwork

Edited by welshlad on 13/05/2008 at 02:31

Nice Car But it does have faults... - Paul2
1. I don't think this is any worse than a 'lights on' audible warning signal
2. My wifes CZC is warning up within a couple of minutes
3. The clutch bearing is not too noisy on our model - about the same as my Citroen C4
4. Only had a small dribble of water run down one of the rear windows when hosing - I was impressed as to how good the seal was compared to similar glass on rubber systems
5. This is no different to the problem my wife had with her previous 2 new vehicles, both Ford Puma's - it is difficult for manufacturers to overcome the problem on some designs of rear hatch/boots - just open your boot slowly when it is wet
6. No problems with the espresson black - perfect paintwork
7. Yes that's true - but there are more important things to worry about in life
8. Unless a manufacturer can create/build a car without panel joints etc, you will always suffer from this - it is not a fault of the CZC. Our Puma used to do it, my current C4 does it... don't worry about it...life's too short!

I only have one negative remark to make about this car and that concerns the lack of a imobiliser flashing LED light when the car is locked. It has been a long time since I have come across a car without such a feature - the lack of a visual warning light may encourage some thieving prats to have a go at these models thinking that are not locked/imobilised etc. Some of you may have overcome this by having a full alarm fitted.
Nice Car But it does have faults... - Rick o Shea
Thanks welsh and Paul for your individual responses to the fault list.
I will go back welsh, and get those items checked out, especially the warming up issue, as the blue 'too cold light' goes off after about 1 to 2 minutes, but the heater in the car (still required at certain times at this time of the year with the top down) does not blow really hot air until about 10 - 12 miles is up. - Luke warm air after 3 or 4 mins but nothing special.
Same thing for the windows i guess they need to be adjusted up to fit into the seal a bit tighter.
The other issues such as water collecting in places with drain holes is not a problem to all, as is leathering off your car, to come back to steaky bodywork, but they are design imperfections, as they can be designed out by 'good design'. Particularly an area which has a drain hole supplied with water not draining through it!
It does appear the japanese designed part of the car (the front half) does not seem to suffer...

Unfortunately the boot dripping will not be solved by a slow opening, unles it takes 10 mins to open it! the drips from the bottom corners are above the inside of the boot, and it drips for some time.

We still love the car though, and don't want to give the impression that we regret buying the car, its a great purchase, and anyone waiting for theirs is in for a real treat.

We have had many memorable days and evenings out to the pub/outings with the top down, which would never have had without it.
Nice Car But it does have faults... - ssar
I have had my car 3 weeks now after the 3 month wait and am really enjoying it. Yes there are faults - however, I find that if you don't open the boot to it's fullest, then the standing water drips outside rather than inside so I am extra careful to do this now. I also find the seat belt warning system a little irritating but realise it is there for a good purpose.

One of the worst things for me are the windows. Does it annoy anyone else that they drop down and go back up again every time you open the doors? Or is this normal? I have had convertible cars before but they were always 'soft top' so maybe I am being too picky.

I also agree about the wheels. They look great but boy are they hard to clean. Never mind....I can always ask my dad to do them again!

I am also still waiting for my mats and my service plan. I didn't want to complain to Mitsubishi again but I am getting nowhere with the dealer. The guy at Mitsubishi did say that he would pass on my concerns about the dealer to their Business Manager but I guess that was just lip service to get rid of me.

Is anyone else waiting for mats or their service plan details?

Not too happy about the rain today either but I guess I can't really complain to Mitsubishi about that! :)

Hi Paul2
I emailed CustomerRelations2@mitsubishi-cars.co.uk at 13:45 yesterday afternoon and have had NO reply, I'm trying to be nice but that obviousley doesn't work.
The email said........
Hi
I have been given your address as I've been told you should be able to help.
I ordered a czc2 at the end of February and am still awaiting delivery.
I ordered from John Banks mitsubishi in Bury St Edmunds and was originally given a delivery date of end of March beggining of April.
I know the amount of orders for the CZC2 has suprised every one but surely someone can give me a delivery update or tell me where my car is, John Banks have told me the next black czc2 delivered is mine, but are unable to give me a delivery date, I've sold my existing car as I was originally given an expected delivery date. I am heavily disabled with Multiple Sclerosis and without a car I'm housebound.
Please please please help
Many thanks

Don't think I can be any plainer or nicer

Edited by Tonycq on 13/05/2008 at 12:49

Hi Tonycq,

If you want to show your e-mail address I'll forward you copies of my e-mails to and from Mitsu UK.
hi tony im disabled as well same as you if i didnt have a car i would have great difficulty getting anywhere as my nearest bus stop is 1/2 mile away let alone walking back with bags of shopping.

im usually really against 'using the disabillity card' and under normal circumstances i wouldnt but in this case its totally justified as they tend to underestimate just what a car means to some people.

just out of curiosty are you getting it on motabillity, i did and as far as that was concerned you couldnt wish to work with any nicer people they were totally helpful (even though they cant control delivery ) the whole way though
Hi chaps
yes I am getting it on motobility,
Am with you Welsh about the disabled card and until a couple of years ago was a trikerider and have looked at myself as a positive advert for M.S. ie you can lead a normalish life but I think this is one of the times you need to tell Mitsubishi how they are reckin someones life with their bad organisation skills.

Edited by Pugugly on 21/05/2008 at 22:39

OK Tony I will forward the relevant emails direct to your address in the next few minutes
Another great thing about these cars is that there are very few on the road at the moment so they are quite unique. My Wife has had hers for 2 weeks now and we have yet to see another one on the road....in fact, we have not seen another one on the road since we placed the original order back on the 2nd Feb.
Are they all in Wales Welshlad?
ive only seen one on the road so far but i know for a fact mine was the first orange one in north wales
Have I now waited the longest ? - Alby Back
I know it's probably only me but am I the only one who's getting a "Little Britain-esque" vision ? "First orange one in the village y'know" ! ;-)

Sorry Welsh ............ just my warped and infantile mind !
Hi
My wife is welsh and says all sentances should finish with "Is't it" ie "I'm getting a Mitsubishi Colt Isn't it"
worse thing is i could be david's body double only i have more hair but i prefer the catchphrase someone else came up with 'i'm the only CZC owner in the village'.

the car its self has also got me the attention of the only gay (except his partner) in the village something my dad finds highly amusing
Have I now waited the longest ? - sporty chick
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say no real probs with my car just one fault that really annoys me and that is the windscreen washer holes dribble screen wash all over my bonnet every time i squirt my windows. I have tried to rectify tis by moving the hole up but that resulted in it flying right over my car, missing the windows completely and covering the whole car instead!!! LOL!

The other little things dont really bother me and i think the seat belt thing is annnoying but its a good thing as it does its job.

& I cant see the little circle I mentioned before unless its really sunny and the car is polished and it has'nt got any worse since I mentioned it.

Just one question (this might just be me), I have found the revs really loud sometimes when I reverse or start off in first gear when the car is cold. Its only now and then I notice it, has anyone else noticed this?

Oh and I also love being the only CZC in the City! ha ha
i think the gearbox is just a bit clunky anyway, its a bit of a trade off but its something i think we'll all just get used to. Sometimes i find you have to really put on the revs in first gear anyway just to get moving but from 3rd to 5th i find it quite smooth and im now able to keep the revs under 2500 most of the time even when motoring so ive noticed a decent increase in the MPG i average 52MPG on the dual carriageway.

scared myself this morning i went to put the roof down and just got the 2 second warning bleep i thought the roof had packed in again it took me 5 tries before i remembered i had been grocery shopping yesterday and hadnt put the screen back into position :-)
almost forgot i treated my self to a new york yankees baseball cap today (official merchandise not a cheap imitation), i have the moustache the baseball cap and the convertible all i need now is an hawiian shirt and i could be the next Magnum P.I

although i could never outdo my best mate he had the actual ferrari(marriage and 3 kids meant they had to part ways)

Edited by welshlad on 14/05/2008 at 13:53

Hi Tonycq - did you receive the documents I sent direct to your e-mail address?
Spoke to my local Mitsubishi dealer earlier and they say they havent had a CZC delivered for over 3 weeks
Tonycq

Have you tried calling Mitsubishi customer service since you emailed them?

From my analysis of deliver patterns on this thread, they could/should be able to give you some news by now. Suggest don't go into details of your position. Simply say following up your email of xx date, please can they check with Portbury for progress on your car. As before, wait 0.5 to 1 day and then call them back - as they probably will not call you.
Hi Welshlad
First of all I know nothing, been looking at the pictures of your car on td17uk.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumNam...8 (wish I'd ordered the orange one now after seeing yours. mines Black or will be if it ever arrives) and wondered are the wheels on your czc2 standard or did you order them seperately.
Thanks Tonycq
My wheels are standard, but they are different to the '07 standard wheels which is why they dont tally with any of the bourchere pictures. I can't remember exactly but i think previously the standard wheel was a 6 spoke alloy (please anyone correct me if i'm wrong). Personally i prefer the previous wheels as these ones are a pain in the neck to clean.
Have I now waited the longest ? - Rick o Shea
Hi welsh, yes nearly right , we opted for the 07 wheels as they suit us better and are easier to clean, they are actually seven spokes though.

Have I now waited the longest ? - Dunskeig
Finally picked up my wifes CZC2 on Tuesday! Just over 10 weeks instead of quoted 3!! She loves the colour, which is a good job as she didn't know anything about it until Monday!

Dealer now says they are quoting September/October for deliveries, well and truly missing whatever summer we may get.

I has been well worth the wait!
9 days and I've been waiting 3 MONTHS - Tonycq
Did some checkin and it turns out I ordered my car on the 28th Feb so I've only got 9 days and it's been 3 months since I ordered it, the Mitsubishi dealers won't give me a loan car so I get to spend every Day watchin the rubbish on the TV and searchin the web for more info on the CZC2. I'm expecting to wake up and find out it's just a BAD BAD NIGHTMARE
Courtesy Car - Tonycq
Has anyone here succesfully got a courtesy car from their dealers because of the late deliveries of CZC's mines 2 and half months since order and I was told 4-6 weeks when I ordered it
Courtesy Car - Rick o Shea
To awnser your question Tony, yes we did get a courtesey car when ours was late, an 08 reg new Colt with a turbo diesel engine in and leather interior no less!

I agree with you about the colour too :-) here are some more pics of my wife's 08 car delivered a month ago.

s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk86/rickoshea_2008/?albumview=slideshow

our wheels were spec'd differently as Welshlads are standard czc2 08 fitment.
Courtesy Car - sporty chick
Yes, i also got a colt 57 plate turbo colt as i was selling my car and they provided me with it the minute i asked and i kept it until the car arrived, which was roughly 3 weeks.

Welsh, i completely agree with you on wheels, they take ages!!! but worth it as they look great when clean, spent 3 hours cleaning i yesterday!!!
Courtesy Car - welshlad
Talking of wheels, I cleaned the car today and had run out of wheel cleaner and not being in the mood to drive to Halfords i used Cillit Bang degreaser. I have to say it was impressive really took care of the grime and muck and left my alloy's looking really good.(and in half the time it mormally takes to clean the wheels.......in fact BANG!! and the dirt was gone.........sorry couldnt resist)

BTW has anyone else been getting really bad brake dust buildups on their wheels?

Edited by welshlad on 17/05/2008 at 20:15

Courtesy Car - bimmer-driver
Makes me glad I cancelled my order now- seems like Mitsubishi are utter carp and the cars themselves aren't that well built- welshlad's having a fit, others paint marks, and various leaks from another post.
Courtesy Car - Tonycq
Did some checkin and it turns out I ordered my car on the 28th Feb so I've only got 9 days and it's been 3 months since I ordered it, the Mitsubishi dealers won't give me a loan car so I get to spend every Day watchin the rubbish on the TV and searchin the web for more info on the CZC2. I'm expecting to wake up and find out it's just a BAD BAD NIGHTMARE
Courtesy Car - Paul2
Well Cooper Driver I can only say that you have missed out on an excellent car. My wifes czc2 is superb, excellent build quality and a joy to drive. We have changed our cars (private & company) on a regular basis and this car stands shoulder to shoulder with the best of our previous motors. If you take time to read other owners comments, you will see that they do not really have too many problems - they are all being a little bit 'picky' about certain things. This car is a cracker for £10.5k and is definitely streets ahead of a new mini for both value for money and versatility, i.e. hard-top up or top-down.

When push comes to shove, most people only have one real gripe about this vehicle - and it is the fact that they have had to wait (or are waiting) a long time for it - circa' 3 months. However, 3 months is the average wait for any new car when orders have to be placed and fulfilled direct from the factory.

Most of us normally pick a new car from a dealers 'stock' so delivery is normally only a week or two - but I have to say (yet again) that the 3 month wait for the CZC is more than worth it.

Oh and yes, CZC owners have something a little more unique .......... you cannot drive down a short road without seeing several mini's. They are in my opinion an example of a manufacturer (in this case BMW) marketing a vehicle (albeit relatively good quality) at a vastly overpriced level and getting away with it because of (a) the BMW badge and (b) the fact that most are bought by women where the main car in the household is a company BMW, or worse, a huge 4 x 4 thing!
Courtesy Car - sporty chick
Good on ya paul, with you all the way!!!
Courtesy Car - Rick o Shea
Yes I agree with Paul, although the car does definately have its faults, it depends on how observant you are to notice them. If you don't know they are there, who cares!

If you do notice them, they are just an example of lack of attention to detail in the design stage, and the base car is really good, and awful good value for money.

If its a load of old Carp, don't feel too Coy about it....
Delivery Times - sadlad
OK everyone.

I may not be the only one to work this out, but from tracking this thread and who got what and when, THE AVERAGE LEAD TIME FOR A NEW ORDER NOT ALREADY IN DEALER STOCK IS 12 TO 14 WEEKS.

There now Mitsubishi, how difficult would it be for you to tell us that? [We've done your work for you now!]

Some colours arrive a bit quicker - orange slightly, silver more so and little track of blue.

Given that MUK indicate up to 4 weeks from arrival at Portbury to collection at the dealer, any forecasts of 3-4 weeks were clearly not credible for a car still not already built and in the country.

BTW 12-14 weeks is not too strange if you put it in context. The CZC is a LOW VOLUME production with two sea shipments. My high volume produced megane just making a short hop over from France took six weeks in 2007. If you want a fiesta, there are thoudsands rusting in fields and/or pre-registered to fix the dealer sales figures.

Tony cq - not sure if you will have seen my post yesterday aas it got placed further up the thread. Try calling Mitsubishi customer service again and say 'further to my email on xx date, please can you enquire at Portbury and give me an update'. I think your car might well be on its way now unless the order has got lost.
Delivery Times - Tonycq
Thanks sadlad I did see your message yesterday and I'm now dealing with Leo at Mitsubishi and he's the first helpful person I've dealt with infact I spoke to me dealer this morning and he said I've got two choices cancel or wait as they don't know anything until the car turns up (funny way to run a business) so I'm glad I spoke to leo, after waiting 3 months I was so near to cancelling but hopefully I've only got a short while to wait.
Delivery Times - Tonycq
Now don't get excited but Mitsubushi just rang to tell me my czc2 will arrive in 2 weeks time, but don't hold your breath.
Delivery Times - laa22
Hi all,

I'm new to this...
i put a deposit down on my czc3 on saturday, they said they would call me on monday to confirm delivery dates, called and said they couldn't order it until wednesday...

do you think iv had a phonecall of confirmation?

whatevers happened to good old fashioned customer service..
well if i don't here form them today i'm cancelling my order!

My boyfriend said it might be a sign not to get the car, i didn't want to believe it because i reeeeeeaaallllyyyy want it... and seein this has reassured me that i'm not the only one who's having a bad experience with Mitsubishi..

clearly they are just a crap company with a HOT car...

has anybody got theirs yet? and is it a good drive once it's settled in?
i found it quite a bumpy drive when i took it out for a test drive.. =[
Delivery Times - Round The Bend
So how does "carp" get through the sweary filter?

{simple - it's not in it}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/05/2008 at 11:21

Delivery Times - tintin01
Just to add to this, there seem to be goodish deals on ordinary Colts at the moment. My local dealer in Cheshire is doing a new 3 door Colt with alloys and tinted windows for £6.5k and £80 a year servicing for the first three years. Unfortunately, 5 doors adds £500 and A/C adds £500. Still, a good deal for a brand new super-mini.
Delivery Times - Bill Payer
£80 a year servicing for the first three years.

Wish I could get that deal on ours - they introduced the servicing package (at £150) 3 mths after we took delivery and Mitsubishi wouldn't budge. To add insult to injury, the dealer quoted us £125+VAT for the first year service, then cheerfully presented a bill for £200.
Funny that you should mention that. I had an old Colt and a Carisma. I have had a new Colt as a courtesy car but wasn't that struck. However, recently due to the VED increases and petrol costs we have found ourselves looking at them again, with a view to part-exing my OH's Saab 95.

The £6.5k deal seemed good, but the servicing deal was what made it really tempting. However, whilst there are lots of positive comments on the web, What Car don't seem to like them and mentioned how expensive servicing was - as we keep our cars quite a long time this may be a factor. It's a good deal, but adding 5 doors and air-con made it £7.5k so we are thinking of looking at year old Honda Jazz's instead - much bigger boot apparently.
mentioned how expensive servicing was - as we keep our cars
quite a long time this may be a factor.

You could get it serviced by an independant much cheaper, and ensuring they use Mitusbishi parts (oil filter for most services) would keep the warranty. One thing that bumps the service cost uo is they change the pollen filter every 12mths - perhaps because many Mitsubishi's are 4x4's and could be used off road, but on a Colt that's ridiculous.
5 doors and air-con made it £7.5k so we are thinking of looking at year
old Honda Jazz's instead - much bigger boot apparently.

That's exactly what we paid. We also have a Jazz. The Colt's rear seat neatly slides so can choose boot space or vast rear legroom.
Jazz is just in a different league engineering and build quality wise, but it is a good £3K more new, although it would be fairer to compare it with CZ2 Colt which lists at £9500. Can you really get a year old Jazz (with a/c) for £7.5K? I have seem some offers on Jazz start to appear as the new model gets closer so maybe it's possible.
At a well-known car supermarket you can get an 07 Jazz, 5 door 1.2 l-dsi for £6,800, around 14k miles but no A/C. An 07 1.4 l-dsi SE with A/C and 8k miles is £9,300, which I guess is a bit of a jump from £7.5k for a similar Colt, though a bigger engine.

I didn't know there was a new Jazz coming out - may be worth seeing if the used ones get a bit cheaper. We were also thinking of residual value in say 4 or 5 years time and thought the Jazz was a better bet, though of course it depends what we pay in the first place.

Hard to decide. We feel like we are being taxed out of our bigger car - £400 VED just seems punative, but are not sure about moving down to a supermini. Yet there doesn't seem much point moving to say a Focus sized car - might as well keep what we have got and accept that it will be worth nothing in a couple of years.

The same car supermarket is doing 07 Colt 1.3 CZ1's for £6,200, which I guess makes the dealer offer look pretty good.

Edited by tintin01 on 24/05/2008 at 17:38

At a well-known car supermarket you can get an 07 Jazz 5 door 1.2 l-dsi
for £6 800 around 14k miles but no A/C.

I get the impression that the 1.2 Jazz doesn't sell many - I guess Jazz is not an obvious choice if looking for a cheap supermini. Personally I wouldn't have one without a/c. I think that on Colt you might get away wth it though, as it blasts huge volumes of air through its vents!
I didn't know there was a new Jazz coming out -

See CBCB but it's a bit unclear when it appears - later this year seems probable. Honda are certainly doing deals on the current model, but lower prices may take a while to feed through to car supermarkets.
The same car supermarket is doing 07 Colt 1.3 CZ1's for £6 200 which I
guess makes the dealer offer look pretty good.

You might be interested in this post (and perhaps the thread):
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=62804&...e
Gallagher's (at Ashley) is our local dealers too - about 6 miles, but because they are semi- rural it is a bit of a trek to get there and you need a courtesy car. They do seem to be leading the way with Colt offers at the moment.

Interesting to read the divergent opinions on things like road noise and mpg. I thought the Colt was noisy on the motorway too, but I could probably live with it. The fact that there's a new model of Jazz soon doesn't seem to be affecting prices - internet brokers only seem to offer about £500 discount from list, which doesn't seem worth the trouble of buying a car unseen.

Air-con and 5 doors is a must really, which pushes the price up quite a bit. Funny how the price of new cars has fallen, but the cost of 'extras' stays the same. Air-con adds 8% to the cost of a Colt if my sums are correct.
INTERIOR PANEL LIGHTING - sadlad
Returning to the CZC, does anyone know if the circle around the 12 accessory socket [prev 'cigarette lighter'] is supposed to light up along with the heater controls when the lights are on? - This is the thing low done on on the central console.

It looks as if it is supposed to but doesn't on the wife's CZC2 - [the heater controls do light up as they should].

Car was collected from dealer last Sat having been ordered 23/02/08. Great little car [black], although the gas struts to lift the bool lid have lost their puff and so we will be getting sorted.

BTW - HJ - surely all the stuff about the Honda Jazz is a new/different thread?
INTERIOR PANEL LIGHTING - sporty chick
Hi I just wondered what people are getting MPG on the motorway at an average of 70 - 80 MPH?

I was getting an average of 40MPG but on the motorway this weekend and only getting around 30MPG and I was sticking at 70, is this normal? I'm sure the stats said 52MPG on the motorway.

a little concerned!
INTERIOR PANEL LIGHTING - Tonycq
Hi
I'm still wating for my CZC2 but a couple of weeks ago I borrowed a 1500 Colt and got 51.7 MPG over 600 miles But I stuck to 60 MPH so I would expect to get less at 70 MPH
INTERIOR PANEL LIGHTING - deantyson
SUPERB !!!! picked up my blue czc2 today well worth the wait it took nearly eleven weeks, if you have ordered one it`s worth waiting for. I to got fed up with waiting so i went to vauxhall a couple of weeks ago to buy a new tigra but it would have taken 8-12 weeks delivery, so my nearly eleven weeks for the car i wanted was a much better deal and mitsubishi stuck to the price they said for my part exchange well done thank you.
INTERIOR PANEL LIGHTING - welshlad
Welcome to the club dean

Edited by welshlad on 30/05/2008 at 21:13

czc2 - yorkshirelass

hi im new to this, i ordered my black czc2 30th march still no sight spoke to dealer last week says it could take up to another 8 weeks but they will honour the price quoted for my part -ex,which is a good thing .hope we have a late summer so im not driving about in the snow with the top down mind you iv bought some new wolly gloves and hat just in case.
czc2 - Rick o Shea
Re- illuminating power socket.

No the power socket has no illumination , although i can see why the question was asked!

MPG, i took the czc on a 50 mile trip (b roads at approx. 60 mph and got an av of 48mpg with careful driving.

Had colour coded mitsi rear parking sensors fitted sat as had a slight blemish in the paintwork, so all good there, also had a problem where the car footwells did not warm up. This was sorted at the same time, apparently the cable was not fitted in the heater controls. The car seemed fine we just noticed on the way over on sat, that there was no 'blast' of air in the wells.

So pay particular attention, because although its hard to notice now, the winter is coming!

Also had the 'sports' foot pedals as the mrs was taken with the ones fitted to the coutsesy car we had!

czc3 - yorky - yorky
I ordered my CZC3 on 9 May and was told end of July for delivery. Watch this space.
Changing the subject slightly -
Has anyone put a child's seat in the back of the Colt CZC. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to carry a child in the back. The dealer couldn't answer this question.

czc3 - yorky - yorkshirelass
Hi Yorky,
What area did u order in?i ordered in middlesbrough ,if you r saying they said july there is hope for me,mind u im working today and its not top down weather im getting very wet.
czc3 - yorky - Rick o Shea
what is a czc3? is it a turbo?

It wasn't available when we ordered ours, to remind the regulars of this site we have had ours 7 weeks now.
Just checked the Mitsubishi Site and couldn't find the CZC3 there just the following..
COLT

COLT - CZC CABRIOLET List Price

1.5 MPI Colt CZC1 Manual (Petrol) £9,999.00

1.5 MPI Colt CZC2 Manual (Petrol) £10,399.00

1.5 Turbo Colt CZC Turbo Manual (Petrol) £15,999.00

was it the turbo you are reffering to as the CZC3, or is it a limited edition?
czc3 - yorky - welshlad
it a ringer its a front end of a CZC1 welded to the rear end of a CZC2 :-) quick call trading standards
czc3 - yorky - sporty chick
I've heard its the same as the czc2 but with leather seats and an ipod connector and cost bout £3,000 more!
czc3 - yorky - sporty chick
sorry its actualy £1600 more! not really sure why it looks pretty much the same but cant find much info on it.

As for the car seat, i managed (just!) to get one in the back and no probs with booster seats
It's here (at last) - Tonycq
Well it's finally arrrived, I went to the dealers to visit my new Black czc2 yesterday, there doing a predelivery check and fitting the Handsfree Bluetooth Kit and I can pick it up Saturday. Many thanks to all in this group who offered advice and suggestions.
It's here (at last) - welshlad
heres a suggestion for your tony and everyone else when it comes to polishing the car use that new turtle wax ice spray bottle polish its great.

I used it for the first time today and the car looks like it did when it rolled out of the showroom 2 months ago. the first time i polished it i used the usual slap on let it dry to a haze stuff and it left those little scratches all over it (looked like mice had been iceskating on the roof and bonnet) but they dissappeared today and the car looks fantastic. Also it only took 15 minetes to do the whole car
It's here (at last) - Tonycq
Hi Welshlad
Thanks for your advice re polish, the only turtle wax ice spray is a detailer is this the one you mean ?

tinyurl.com/66hez7

Edited by Pugugly on 04/06/2008 at 22:23

yep tony thats the one and i have to add it rained today and the water beaded off the car alot better and no nasty watermarks when the car dried off....RESULT!!!
It's here (at last) - sporty chick
Hi welsh, funny you should mention the ice wax. I used it for the first time today and it really does a fab job, much easier than the conventional stuff. I also highly reccommend!!!

Oh and I saw the exact same car as mine today for the first time and whats really funny is I saw another one on my way home!!

I am no longer the only CZC in the city! hehe LOL!!!!
ive ony seen one other CZC on the road since i got mine and it was a silver one but ive seen loads of CZ2's knocking about (horrible looking things) so far as i know im still the only person with an orange one in the area although there are a couple on order last time i checked in with the showroom
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 3. - Tonycq
Hi Welsh
Read your message regarding reversing sensors, Bought the same sensors but Mitsubushi won't fit them as it will invalidate the warranty, not sure whether I can have them fitted by someone else as I'm unsure whether this will cause warranty problems as well anyone any ideas. Thanks
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 3. - Rick o Shea
I think whoever is advising you from Mitsubishi is a 'Stranger to the truth'.

By fitting parking sensors to your car is a right you have, and provided it has no detrenmental effect on your car, it should not invalidate your warranty.

It is now a european ruling that providing the car is even serviced at other garages other than mitsubushi (provided you can prove it was done as per manufacturers reccomendations) it is still within warranty.

After all parking sensors are a few holes drilled in the back, a connection into the reversing light wire (local to the back) and another to earth - job done!

Any circuit should be protected by the manufacturers fuse box anyway, and if in doubt have it sub fused in the boot.

Its no different to plugging in a cool box or fitting blinds in the back window, its an accessory to the car, and should be considered as such.
£3k drop in price for non-turbo Cabrios Volume 3. - welshlad
the truth is mitsuibushi are trying to scare you into paying 3 times more on their own reverse sensors, my car is a motabillity car which means i have to get permission from them to make any alterations as the car is registered to them, and they had no problems with me fitting them hence they were not concerned at all with the warrenty being invalidated.
Reversing sensors - Luckyone
I bought the same sensors for my wife'c czc2 as I liked the idea of them not needing loads of bumper holes and Halfords online were selling half price!

Most dealers have a policy of not fitting 'non standard' parts which you can understand but I see no reason why these would (or could) affect the warranty unless some bodger fits by putting holes everywhere.

I fitted this and can tell you that it is possible to fit without any holes in the metal bodywork (ie no warranty problem) one hole (for the wires) is needed in the plastic bumper (behind the plate) but the number plate light wiring enters the car through an existing hole & rubber bung behind the bumper to the R (drivers side). The wires can be run through and once inside it is connected with an in line fuse (part of kit) to reversing wire. All in about 1-2 hours.

I suggest you get a local auto electric expert to fit.

Reversing sensors - welshlad
and the added bonus is they are easily stripped out to be be fitted in the next car you buy saving yet another extortionate amount of £££'s finding their way into the dealers coffers
czc3 - yorky - yorky
Hi
I ordered a Colt CZC3 Cabrio. Launched on 1 May 2008. Ordered in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. List price £11,699 which comes with Leather upholstery, chrome styling bars, wind deflector and iPod/MP3 adaptor.
Nice one yorky, you couldn't have picked a better dealer, we drive past the norwich and ignore the ipswich one on the way to John Banks to buy our car.

Say hello to Paul (and Abbie) for us! we live in Lowestoft, i'm sure he will know who it is!