What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ignorance of Highway Code & Speed Limits - No FM2R
I learned it with my cycling proficiency test. A time when I had the time and inclination to wholly read, digest and remember such a thing.
Ignorance of Highway Code & Speed Limits - Roger Jones
Via my MP I proposed to the then relevant minister that a copy should be given away with every renewed VED, if not every year then every three or five years. The minister replied to say it would be too costly. I asked him how much; he said he didn't know. I then gave him an approximate estimated cost and he still wasn't interested. Not that his stance should be construed as evidence that this government is not interested in road safety, perish the thought . . .
Ignorance of Highway Code & Speed Limits - SlidingPillar
Quote:
"Or that dual carriageways have a 60 limit"

Really
www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.htm#103

Depends what you are driving of course.
Ignorance of Highway Code & Speed Limits - SlidingPillar
Ahh - orig post is not actaully wrong, it's a follow on sentence.

I'll go and sit in the corner...

(Oh for an edit key)
Ignorance of Highway Code & Speed Limits - The Lawman
The government would rather raise money with speed camera than spend it on public information services.
Ignorance of Highway Code & Speed Limits - tunacat
I buy a replacement copy of the HC from Smiths every two months, just in case they've updated it, and set aside the whole of the following Friday and Saturday evenings to carefully read through and digest it.
Funny though, even then I can't remember absolutely every clause.

But my daughter tells me that books are only for saddos nowadays anyway. It'd be better if they could engineer a narrated version into subliminal 'watermark' thing that you could incorporate into every track on your iPod. Or better still, every 12 minutes, send you 'another of today's tips' text messages to read while you drive.

Ignorance of Highway Code & Speed Limits - pfm401
In future I'm going to get it sent to me on SMS so I can do some research whilst I'm stopped at the lights or in the middle of a long motorway journey.