What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Speeding in Luton? - POINTS REMOVED? - Fullchat
If the offence was dealt with by Fixed Penalty Ticket contact the office that dealt with the original notice, explain what you were dealt with for,where and when with details of your vehicle VRM etc. Tell them that you understand that admissions have been made that the enforcement was not legal. Then ask them if infact this is true and if so how they intend to rectify the matter.
If you have any original documentation with reference numbers so much the better.

Fullchat
Speeding in Luton? - POINTS REMOVED? - doug_r1
I wonder if you can get any increase in insurance you may have to pay refunded? Either off the ticket issuer or the insurance company.
Speeding in Luton? - POINTS REMOVED? - Dwight Van Driver
Must have been a Court case on this where successfully argued that street lighting did not comply with Road Traffic Regulation Act for a restricted road. I understand, many moons ago, that there was a similar case down on the south coast where street lighting from another source other than directly on the road and that was held by Mags to comply. Or, lack of repeaters made Traffic Order unenforceeable. There are strict rules to be followed for a limit to be lawful and any breaches make Nick Freeman (and Pug Ugly)wealthy men.

Had a quick look at the Luton Newspaper but could not find anything on it. Source wants tracking down to ensure what stated is correct. Authorities not going to trumpet it.

If correct, action as Fullchat states.

If points removed and FINE returned i.e. no offence, Insurance Company if approached may resolve any overloading of Policy due to conviction. If it did occur then I suppose if they didn't case for Small Claims Court against those isasung the FPN etc.

dvd