What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Legal Help - They have our money!!! - patently
I would have thought that your contract is with TSPC, to provide a ferry crossing etc etc. Breach leads to refund and compensation for losses flowing from the breach - including penalties from your & the dog's hotels.

Look at the small print, though - it may say that "we agree to look for someone to carry you" etc.

What do the tickets say? Do they say that someone else is carrying you? If you had no way of knowing who (other than TSPC) was carrying you then I find it hard to see how they are an agent.

And, as ever, keep notes of the phone calls, times, dates, who with etc. Note who was rude and in what way. Keep receipts for the penalties. I would then write a polite letter with copies of everything, showing that you understood from their stuff that TSPC was the carrier and believe that they are in breach of contract, asking for a refund of the ticket and the penalties, and (calmly) noting that, if necessary, your next letter will be from a solicitor.
Legal Help - They have our money!!! - Adam {P}
Thanks for that patently.

There is no small print and no tickets. We did it over the phone and got given a reference number and told to "show it at the ticket office on departure day".

It should be pointed out that on their recent jaunt to the Isle of Man, Mum and Dad used TSPC and it was their ferry etc so we had no other information whatsoever to make us think otherwise.

TSPC say they have "nothing to do with the bankrupt company" and just "share an office". However, when Mum queried this but they had still taken the money and booked us on an imaginary ferry, they decided to terminate the call. When asked quickly whether they were a member of ABTA or ABTOL, the answer was "I have no idea".

Something stinks about this so we'll follow your advice and do letters etc...

Thanks,

Adam
Legal Help - They have our money!!! - patently
There is no small print and no tickets. We did it
over the phone and got given a reference number and told
to "show it at the ticket office on departure day".
It should be pointed out that on their recent jaunt to
the Isle of Man, Mum and Dad used TSPC and it
was their ferry etc so we had no other information whatsoever
to make us think otherwise.

Sounds promising. Good luck.
Legal Help - They have our money!!! - drbe
Did you pay by cash, cheque, credit card or debit card?

When all is said and done, you cannot get blood from a stone. If you paid by credit card and the transation was over £100? (I think) you can get your money back from the credit card company - otherwise you can't, you join the end of a, probably, long queue.

Moral? Always pay by credit card.

Whether someone was rude or polite, won't get you your money back.