Ford radio codes - aaaaaaghhhhhh - Topdude

Well i take my hat off to those who answer the seemingly endless requests for a radio code for their Ford Ka etc !

Dosen't anyone have it printed in the car manual or on a card in the booklet folder or in the radio manual ?

Don't car buyers check the documentation for the code before buying ?

Also to make matters worse many requests for a code are right below a series of answers telling them how to obtain the code !

As usual it seems easier to ask another question than look for the answer.

Rant over !!!!!!! :(

Ford radio codes - aaaaaaghhhhhh - Galaxy

Well, as someone who tries to answer some, but certainly not all, of the requests for Ford Radio Codes, I feel shall comment.

Many owners don't have the Ford handbook which originally came with their car, many get swapped over with others during the time the vehicle spends at a dealers waiting to be sold. Also, car radios do fail and are changed with different ones, so the original codes are no longer valid. The small cards containing radio keycodes simply get lost over the years, that's going to make it very unlikely subsequent car owners will ever get to receive them.

Checking that the keycode for the car's radio is supplied with the vehicle, purchased on the used car market, is probably not at the top of the list of a buyers purchasing priorities when searching for a new car, unfortunately.

For months and months, when answering requests for Ford Radio Keycodes, I supplied the link to the Code Generator which I myself and probably all the other people who supply codes on the HJ Forum use. My thinking behind this was that, after a couple of months, Forum Members wouldn't post requests for Keycodes anymore, they would simply look at previous requests for keycodes, see the link for the Code Generator which myself and others had already given, and use the generator to work out what their own Keycode should be.

Fat chance! Unfortunately it made virtually no difference whatsoever as to the number of Keycode requests that apppeared. I've never ever quite understood why this should have been the case, but can only guess people just Google "Ford Radio Codes", or something very similar, and find an existing post relating to the subject on the HJ Website. They then, without attempting to even read the rest of the thread, just add their Keycode request to it.

However, I will say this. If ever request for a Keycode was made in a new separate thread it would make my, and the other Forum Members who suppy Keycodes lives, so much easier! I've seen people who've posted a new Keycode request right in the middle of a 300 - odd post long thread! They are virtually impossible to find so I'm afraid these people are very unlikely to receive a reply.

Further thoughts.

I've had people telling me that I shouldn't be supplying Keycodes but I like to feel I'm contributing something to the HJ Forum by helping people. Some people ask for codes in a very demanding and impolite way, those requests are ignored. A "Please" and a "Thank You" really do go a long way with me, I'm quite old-school, really.

I've had someone telling me I'm not doing the Keycodes quick enough! Well, for something I'm doing for free I don't think speed of response can really be considered. I did ask this same person whether they ever had difficulty with replying to Forum Members requests for assistance on the HJ Forum within a suitable time-scale; needless to say, he never got back to me!

There are many requests for Ford Radio Keycodes for serial numbers that begin with a "V". Nobody on this forum can supply these for free, I'm afraid, and I strongly suspect that most, like myself, can't do them at all. I myself actually wanted a Keycode for my Niece's car radio a few years ago which had a "V" serial number . I just went to a seller on Ebay and obtained the correct Keycode for just a couple of pounds.

Finally, for anyone who wants to be able to work-out what their own Ford Radio Keycode should be, the generator which myself and others use can be found here:

www.pumapeople.com/decode.php

I've been using this generator myself for a couple of years, now, and never had any problems. It's not full of viruses, as one Forum Member incorrectly told me, and it is only suitable for Keycodes for serial numbers beginning with an "M"; it can't, unfortunately, be used for "V" serial numbers.

Perhaps I should write a book!

Ford radio codes - aaaaaaghhhhhh - Avant

We're hugely grateful to you, Galaxy, for taking the time to help. I did ask HJ whether there was a confidentiality issue and he didn't think there was a problem since as you say the information can be found online.

I've never quite understood why 99% of the code requests are about Fords!

Ford radio codes - aaaaaaghhhhhh - galileo

We're hugely grateful to you, Galaxy, for taking the time to help. I did ask HJ whether there was a confidentiality issue and he didn't think there was a problem since as you say the information can be found online.

I've never quite understood why 99% of the code requests are about Fords!

I've often wondered myself why requests are always for Ford codes. Do people change batteries on Fords more often than other makes? Why else do they need codes?

Never needed for VAG/GM/PSA or far Eastern makes.

Ford radio codes - aaaaaaghhhhhh - Bolt

I`ve got the software rather than use the net for the codes, though I have had it for ages, I expected the demand for code requests to dwindle but it hasnt

but as you say they could use the online software, but I gather some are unable or unwilling to use it.

I was going to throw the software away about a year ago as demand from those around me almost stopped, but when I noticed people asking here for the codes I decided to keep it

Bit that is annoying is because you can do it, people think you can give V codes and are not willing to pay the garage

Ford radio codes - aaaaaaghhhhhh - John Boy
Bit that is annoying is because you can do it, people think you can give V codes and are not willing to pay the garage

V codes?

Ford radio codes - aaaaaaghhhhhh - RobJP

V codes?

Codes for radio serial numbers that start with 'V'

Ford radio codes - aaaaaaghhhhhh - meldrew

I have a brand new Ka radio in a box in my garage. I am now going to have to check for a keycode before I take it to the tip together with the spare spare wheel!

Ford radio codes - aaaaaaghhhhhh - Bolt

I have a brand new Ka radio in a box in my garage. I am now going to have to check for a keycode before I take it to the tip together with the spare spare wheel!

The KA should go to the tip and keep the radio lol