What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
fuel pump/ecu rover 414i - sails north
im not getting any fuel being sent by the fuel pump. has anyone got any suggestion as to how best diagnos this problem? i cant hear any noises from the fuel pump, when ignition is turned on. on this particular model its up to the fuel pump to pressurise the system and thats not happening. all suggestions most welcome.
fuel pump/ecu rover 414i - Civic8
I have this problem as well.what I do is turn ignition off.using remote key fob press the lock button to lock the car up.wait around 10 seconds then unlock using the remote sometimes you can do this several times before pump actually works.at worst it took me nearly fifteen minutes to get running again.I have been looking into why this happens.and so far come up with no answers which is now getting annoying.I problem is which wont help the ecu on this car has no memmory so if a problem exists it cannot be recorded in memmory.and strangly enough it only seems to occur during severe damp weather.Yours may be different.From what I have seen on this car it only happens during damp periods.I would like your opinion or any one else on this.and ps all has been tested no problem found.I wonder if fuel pump relay is the cause I did mention in a different thread on this.As it did not occur again I did not replace.But may do Just to see if problem goes
fuel pump/ecu rover 414i - David G.I.Davies
This fuel pump circuit operates through a relay whose operating coil is earthed by the engine ECU pin 20.The first thing to check is the earth point at the bonnet slam panel-usually 3 black wires.This must have perfect contact to bright metal.Then you'll have to work through the circuit from ECU to relay to pump.A quick check is to earth ECU pin 20 with ignition on,if the pump now operates,it suggests a problem with the ECU which is quite common.
fuel pump/ecu rover 414i - MarkSmith
Hi,

I believe there's an inertia switch behind the centre console which when triggered (e.g. in an accident) cuts power to the fuel pump.

It's not unheard of for them to trigger themselves for no reason. Press it in to reset it.

Worth a try.

Cheers,
Mark
fuel pump/ecu rover 414i - sails north
thanks all. in reply to mech1, its most likely that one of the above is the likely answer. if not, it could be the check valve sticking on the pump itself, which im going to have a look at on mine. also worth checking is amount of current actually getting through. heres a good diagnosis page

www.babcox.com/editorial/us/us119816.htm
fuel pump/ecu rover 414i - Civic8
If you are going to take the trouble of removing the pump you may as well replace it.they are sealed units so the only thing you will be able do is check current getting to it and make sure the filter is not blocked.I only seem to find this problem when I am in a hurry and have no tools on me.when I carry them test meter included it never seems to happen???.Ps I have had the relay changed remains to be seen if any difference.I will let you know.
fuel pump/ecu rover 414i - DL
Remove the relay (engine compartment fusebox) and short across the feed terminals, does the pump run?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link