Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - Lygonos
Go on, have a guess ...

tinyurl.com/go-on-guess

Wow!
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - bell boy
sounds reasonable at 11 grand to me
cheaper than getting sued if it hit a pedestrian and they lost their nose on the wiper blades that this bonnet hinge thing is for
note that the point of impact is exactly where you would expect the chassis leg to airbag deployment module to act so the guy is lucky all the front bags didnt deploy
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - flunky
The entire car only costs 5 times that. No way have they got £11k just in one minor system like that.
I think in the fullness of time we'll find something dodgy afoot, either a malicious post to ruin GTR prices, or a garage on the make.

Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - ijws15
What is really disturbing is how many want to disable the pedestrian safety system.
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - Old Navy
What is really disturbing is how many want to disable the pedestrian safety system.

>>
And invalidate their insurance! (if they have any)

Edited by Old Navy on 16/11/2009 at 08:59

Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - v8man
>>note that the point of impact is exactly where you would expect the chassis leg to airbag deployment module to act so the guy is lucky all the front bags didnt deploy <<

Airbag sensors are decelorometers. They measure the rate at which you decelarate not impact.
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - lotusexige
I never had any interest in the GTR simply because it is so complex but look at this for a repair cost to a simple car www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/37438/lo...l.
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - maz64
www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/37438/lo...l.

I just get the 'long term tests' page, not a specific test :-(
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - lotusexige
>> www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/37438/lo...l.
I just get the 'long term tests' page not a specific test :-(

Sorry, link did not go direct to the correct page, relavent bit quoted below.

There's no mechanical damage, the radiator's in one piece, no suspension parts have been touched and the car drives normally. In fact, apart from the crack in the bodywork under the headlight the only obvious things broken are the front spoiler and a driving light lens. So, the price for the repairs? Nine thousand three hundred and seventy-five pounds thirty-four pence.
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - teabelly
The full invoice is now on the site so you can look. The labour charge is about £3k. There's 1800 of VAT.

The pedestrian safety system is there because either you have a low slung bonnet with a pop up system or you have a car with a high bonnet. I'm sure the new game amongst chavs will be to jump out in front of GTRs to give them a massive repair bill.

A legitimate reason to do disable the safety system would be when using the car on a track day. The fact the ecu needs to be replaced rather than just reset is daft but apparently you can get nissan to do a swapout instead which is a fraction of the cost. Also repairs to insurance standards *require* new parts to be fitted anyway.

£11k on a 60k car is the equivalent of £1k on a 6k car eg a new panda.
fell asleep at page 9
wheres the invoice please?
oh and i looked at the last page
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - VR6
Page 20
thanks
all fair figures i think
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - spikeyhead {p}
I'm glad I used to own a Porsche and not one of these, only sold it as I'm living in the Netherlands.

I did put a small scratch on one panel, had that panel painted by a couple of skilled sausages and the entire car mopped all for 120GBP.

I had a few people that knew what to look for and none of them could tell which panel had been painted.
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - henry k
>>I'm glad I used to own a Porsche and not one of these, only sold it as I'm living in the Netherlands.
{P} says you have a Boxster :-)
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - bhoy wonder
I thread has been viewed just shy of a 150,000 times. I wonder much negative impact this will have on the car and on re-sale values. Just goes to show the power of the internet.

Edited by bhoy wonder on 19/11/2009 at 16:10

Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - BobbyG
Two things:

1: Has Nissan replied at any point and if so, which page
2. The layour of that forum makes you thankful that this one doesn't have pages but has the "new" function instead!
1. Their Nissan liaison guy (called Guy) has forwarded it to Nissan. An official response is awaited.

The huge cost is due to the pedestrian-impact devices that are one-shot and need replaced. It also looks like the repairers have pretty much replaced everything in a 100 mile radius of the impact site!

Pretty sure the cost to do the same on a Porsche would be similar (911-type rather than the cheap one!)
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - spikeyhead {p}
Profile updated to show the loss of the Porsche, and what I've ordered as a replacement.
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - Alby Back
Wish I knew how to post a link to the Damart website........

Enjoy SH !
Nudged into a tow-bar - guess the repair bill... - ifithelps
...Wish I knew how to post a link to the Damart website.....

www.damart.co.uk/home

Top stuff - it can get a bit chilly in the caravan at this time of year.