What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
A bargain or a misprint? -under £15K with 10mls - Falkirk Bairn
tinyurl.com/muqk5a

Nice buy but you would still need a petrol pump!
A bargain or a misprint? -under £15K with 10mls - Lygonos
23-28mpg is quite possible in the auto.

If you're planning to keep a car for 5-10yrs and don't do stellar mileage then why pay 15 grand more for a similarly specced 3-series touring ?

The £400 tax band has destroyed sales of cars over 225g/km of CO2 (think the Legacy auto is around 229..), but considering it costs under £200 a year (£1k over 5 yrs) more than a 200g/km car, the huge discount covers that cost many, many times over.

That's why I jumped at a Forester for over £8k off list last year!
A bargain or a misprint? -under £15K with 10mls - legacylad
As per my earlier post of approx 3 weeks ago...still for sale privately...55plate 2.5 Outback, FSH, MOT & Tax Nov. 1 owner...no idea on mileage, but it looks immaculate. Basic spec..no sunroof or leather, wrong colour in my opinion (green) £3995. Every time I walk past it I am tempted to offer £3k...how much would a respray cost!!!
A bargain or a misprint? -under £15K with 10mls - nick
The three litre cars are really lovely. The engine is a peach. I'd have another any time. So much better value than the equivalent BMW.

Edited by nick on 11/07/2009 at 10:20

A bargain or a misprint? -under £15K with 10mls - Happy Blue!
I have 3.0 Outback (automatic). Tax is in the band below top so only £215pa?

20mpg for 23,000 miles of mostly suburban driving and motorway driving at sensible speeds can get to 30mpg. Fantastic engine, very comfortable car.

Go for it.
A bargain or a misprint? -under £15K with 10mls - Lygonos
Espada, if you're car is reg'd before 23/3/06 it will be £215, otherwise I'm pretty sure it's £400.

Still worth every penny for one of the most underrated 3.0 motors around.
A bargain or a misprint? -under £15K with 10mls - nick
Yes, after 23/3/06 it jumps to £400.
Ah - another reason to keep it! Registered in 2005.
A bargain or a misprint? -under £15K with 10mls - Falkirk Bairn
The garage sold 3 x 3 ltr Outbacks in a week - at 50% off they were 2 year old but less than 20 mls and first Reg in 2009.

It just shows 3 ltr cars can sell if the price is right!
I valued a second hand car sales site today. I asked the owner how business was and he said fine. He was doing very well selling larger vehicles to people who did not do a large mileage as the values had fallen so far, it was not worth saving the money on buying a smaller, more economical car.

As I have said on here before. If I want to buy a nice replacement car for my Outback (e.g. a two year old BMW 330d) it will take at least ten years to recover the difference in purchase price as I only drive 9,000 miles each year. The alternative is to buy a much smaller car for the same money which is not as nice.