Any - Punctured door dkin - Halmerend
Hi. I had an unfortunate low speed coming together with a low walk which has punctured a hole in the door skin. Will a reputable repairer replace the door skin or can they repair the existing door?
Any - Punctured door dkin - Dave N
Replace whole door probably
Sorry just notice the title typo.
Any - Punctured door dkin - Andrew-T

I suppose you mean a wall ? :-) But the only way to get a reliable answer is to visit a decent bodyshop and ask. If the guy sucks his teeth, maybe assume a new door is needed.

Any - Punctured door dkin - elekie&a/c doctor
Replacement door skins are very much a job from the past . I can’t think of any manufacturers that supply them . It’ll be a repair or replacement door .
Any - Punctured door dkin - Gerry Sanderson

Salvage one?

dvd

Thanks Gerry and all. Sorry about the careless typos, more haste less speed. I did notice that there are two on EBay around £350 to £450 plus postage that were the same colour. Couldn’t really tell their true condition from the photos though although neither looked immaculate.
Any - Punctured door dkin - Andrew-T
I did notice that there are two on EBay around £350 to £450 plus postage that were the same colour. Couldn’t really tell their true condition from the photos though although neither looked immaculate.

You don't mention the age or model, and getting a 'matching' door sounds like a neat solution, especially if you aren't too bothered about a perfect colour match. Hopefully any replacement door will be electronically compatible with your car - a possible problem which having your door repaired should not face. You need professional advice.

And the 'postage' for a whole door might be more than the cost of collecting in person, which would be a safer prospect if it's not too far away.

Edited by Andrew-T on 02/05/2024 at 14:52

Any - Punctured door dkin - bathtub tom

And the 'postage' for a whole door might be more than the cost of collecting in person, which would be a safer prospect if it's not too far away.

Also giving you the opportunity to inspect it before handing over any money.