VW Group cars - Leaking panoramic sunroofs - Steveieb

My colleague has recently paid £2500 to have the panoramic roof replaced on his 17 plate Audi Allroad. He waited 3 months for the parts to arrange and the dealer took 4 days to complete the repair although some minor parts are still outstanding.

But according to the Telegraph this fault affects all VAG cars . Apparently the sunroof is fitted in a cassette which is glued to the roof. The problem appears when the glue fails.

Brings back memories of the EOS and Ford models with removable roofs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/ask-the-expert-what-can-i-do-about-skodas-leaking-sunroof/

VW Group cars - Leaking panoramic sunroofs - bazza

The infamous leaky VAGs strike again. I would be taking out that roof and resealing myself, there are some fantastic resins about these days used for campervan windows, roofs etc. £2500? No way!

VW Group cars - Leaking panoramic sunroofs - Gibbo_Wirral

The infamous leaky VAGs strike again. I would be taking out that roof and resealing myself, there are some fantastic resins about these days used for campervan windows, roofs etc. £2500? No way!

Totally agree. I had a persistent minor leak in my SLK. A few garages looked at it and couldn't sort it. But some Sikalastomer - 710 Butyl Sealant as used in caravans and motorhome windows fixed it.

VW Group cars - Leaking panoramic sunroofs - corax

Totally agree. I had a persistent minor leak in my SLK. A few garages looked at it and couldn't sort it. But some Sikalastomer - 710 Butyl Sealant as used in caravans and motorhome windows fixed it.

Butyl sealant is good stuff because it remains pliable. I have used it for sealing rear lights against water ingress, and shed windows.